Project DRKHRSE 2013 GT Build

kingnut

Established Member
sweet ride man. your a doing some tasteful upgrades.

also side note the spohn panhard is probably the best design but does have more NVH compared to the bmr and some others. OP have you noticed much added noise with this panhard?

j3st3r

Established Member
sweet ride man. your a doing some tasteful upgrades.

also side note the spohn panhard is probably the best design but does have more NVH compared to the bmr and some others. OP have you noticed much added noise with this panhard?

Not yet...but I just put on so, I should be able to give feedback on everything after this weekend. Will also have some videos too from the track. Im also curious to see how well/stable the nitrogen tires will work, I know they are stock but will be sure to monitor pressure before and after session to see if there is more or less pressure variation with it.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Ive been wondering what my car will look like lowered with some 15% tint on it, cant wait to get it dropped and tinted next week. Getting my GT500 wing installed next week as well.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Its a little more than a rod end....here is why I chose...

"....The Spohn Performance Del-Sphere pivot joint solves the shortcomings of the factory rubber and aftermarket polyurethane bushings. Our Del-Sphere pivot joint incorporates a spherical ball which is surrounded by delrin bushing cups. This combination allows the panhard bar to articulate like a spherical rod end (28 degrees of available rotation) during cornering but the spherical ball does not allow the bushing to deflect. Therefore the panhard bar remains completely bind free like a spherical rod end during cornering for predictable traction in the corners.

Think of the Del-Sphere pivot joint as a Delrin bushed spherical rod end. After over a year of R&D testing here at Spohn Performance on a streetable spherical joint the Del-Sphere pivot joint is the final result. Designed and manufactured exclusively by Spohn Performance, we have taken street suspension performance to the next level. Our Del-Sphere pivot joint features a one piece forged and heat treated chrome moly housing, a heat treated and chrome plated chrome moly spherical ball, Delrin bushing cups, heat treated retainer washer and snap ring, heat treated and chrome plated chrome moly threaded adjuster ring, an external grease fitting and a beautiful silver zinc plated housing finish.

The Delrin bushing cups absorb shock and road noise so you get the quiet and smooth ride of a bushing as well as 28 degrees of rotation! Our Del-Sphere pivot joints will always ship to you fully assembled, however, we also offer an optional adjusting tool that will allow you to do two things. First, you can disassemble the Del-Sphere pivot joint for cleaning, inspection, etc. Second, you can adjust the amount of friction on the spherical ball. Do you want a very low friction pivot joint or a very tight pivot joint? It's up to you, the amount of tension can be easily adjusted by using our optional adjustment tool to tighten or loosen the end retainer ring. What that also means is if over time and miles the tolerances open up you can simply re-adjust the retainer ring and have your pivot joint as tight as it was the day it was brand new. We doubt you'll ever need to replace the Delrin bushing cups, but they certainly can be. Unlike a spherical rod end, the Del-Sphere pivot joint is 100% rebuildable.

What is Delrin, and why did you choose to use it? Delrin is an acetal homopolymer made by DuPont. It is characterized as having an excellent combination of physical properties that make it suitable for numerous applications. With extremely low moisture absorption and a low coefficient of friction (self-lubricating), Delrin is uniquely tailored for wear applications in high humidity or moisture environments. Delrin will maintain constant physical properties under high moisture conditions and out-perform nylon or polyurethane under these conditions. Delrin has a 10,000 psi tensile strength and a 120 Rockwell Hardness rating making it ideal for our Del-Sphere application.
...."

Seems fancy, but for how much?
Also how much deflection does a panhard bar see anyhow? Sway bars i can understand because they flex and move under cornering, but the panhard bar seems to be a fixed piece, so other than some strong DOM wall tubing and a way to adjust the bar for rear centering, is all 28 degrees of rotation really needed?

My expereince is Delrin mounts is that they are really stiff and i cant see this del-sphere application being quiet by any means of the word. Interested to see your opinions on this bar and design as you rack up the miles and track the car. Keep us posted

Obviously your plans seem to be geared more towards tracking this car, why not some adjustable shocks instead of a set of entry level dampeners?

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
why not some adjustable shocks instead of a set of entry level dampeners?

Dampers are what you put on a car. A dampener would be something that is used to make something damp or wet. Just like damping is the act of reducing vibration not dampening.:rolling:

Side thought. Can you turn the mustang lights off on the mirrors? They seem way too flamboyant.

Also Spohn Panhard is $165, so pretty much inline with all the others.

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
Eventually I am sure I will end up going the coilover route but for now...these should be a pretty decent setup

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
Brian, we had issues with the JLT fittings cracking and have replaced them with brass parts. We had vacuum issues that caused brake problems until we replaced the fittings.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
Damn, that looks good. Glad to see I am not the only one who went overboard on a new car. I already had my suspension, tint, boss intake, etc done. Just got my Kooks long tubes in with o/r x, wulwood front and rear BBK and also a polished procharger stage 2 kit. Hopefully Ill have time to installl it all over the next few weeks. Keep up the awesome work!

j3st3r

Established Member
Yep. On the JLT parts. Terry detailed the fix on the Mustang thread on the Vorshlag forum. We also made a bracket to support it correctly.

Looks like its time to design up a bracket for mine. Got any details on the fittings? I will take the stock hoses with me to the track...just in case

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
In this pic you can see the bracket we fabricated and the replacement fittings we used.

DSC1617-L.jpg

saleen homer

Established Member
how did the brenspeed tune work out for you? Also, I am fairly new to these cars, at what point should I consider the oil separators?

saleen homer

Established Member
let me know... I am in the market for that specific intake and a tune... leaning towards the bama tune right now, but can be swayed

Users who are viewing this thread