Project: INCOGNITO *pics*

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
well finally putting some pics up of my current project.

Backstory: Let a younger sibling borrow my L and long story short, He fell asleep and drove it into a cement culvert totaling it. Couldn't afford another L right now so picked up a 97 2wd that is being converted into my old L.:rockon:

Have the complete interior swapped minus the door panels, plan to black out the interior when I do complete tear down which is looking like I'm going to wait till winter to swap engine/trans in and everything else

The rear suspension still needs a c-notch so I have my shackle on the highest setting. Hope to have the brackets from DJM this week to get that done.

Let me know what your opinions are: thinking about painting the front bumper black for now and taking my chrome fuel door back off to black it out

http://picasaweb.google.com/92FiveOGt/TruckProject

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
I got the money from insurance. but my "driving style" hasn't treated me the best (mainly due to having a Yamaha R1:nono:) so high risk insurance is was what I couldn't afford on a new L

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Are you going to leave the 97 in stock body trim? (No L front bumper or ground effects)

It would be one hell of a sleeper that way.:rockon:

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
Are you going to leave the 97 in stock body trim? (No L front bumper or ground effects)

It would be one hell of a sleeper that way.:rockon:

I cant decide yet. Still up in the air on that decision. LOVE the look of the L so that will be my hardest decision of the whole project. If I do put the L kit on I still will leave all the badges shaved as it is now. I also have a hard bed cover but it is still red off the last truck

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
incredible job man! Looks really good! If it was me, I would leave the L body pieces and emblems off for a while. Go hunting and laugh at people's faces when they think they got dusted by a regular F150.

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
if you dont do the L body kit, I personally would look into the STX bumpers, as its painted instead of chrome. would look really nice IMO

BoostGhost

Established Member
I think it looks badass the way you have it right now without the bodykit. I would do what was said earlier though and get a painted front bumper but it looks great otherwise.

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
The rims are Eagle Alloys 178 18".... One was destroyed in the accident and they have since discontinued them... That was a FUN search to find one:bash:

I just had them powdercoated black for something different and because a couple had small scratches in the chrome from going through a ditch

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yes it was! I bought it from the 2nd owner after Larry sold it.

Ha i thought it looked fimiler....... hell i still have parts from it;-)
Sorry to see it took the last ride but what your doing is damn cool. Keep us updated as you start to break into swaping the motor and such

Users who are viewing this thread