Project: INCOGNITO *pics*

SADF

Established Member
Id leave it how it is and paint the bumper black (no chrome on bumper). No bodykit! I don't mind the bodykit, but if my L did not have one it would not bother me. A cowl hood would be cool and I don't usually like them. Were the emblems already shaved? Wish my emblems didnt have holes underneath...

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
The emblems were already shaved. Along with the solid rear glass, painted molding, smoothed side steps, shaved tailgate handle, and rear roll pan. I bought the truck from slammediam. Paint still needs some work but i'm just waiting to see the direction I go before painting everything

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
Thanks guys. I'll keep posted when I start swapping the engine and decide if I want to go back into the engine and do cams/heads while i'm in this time....:coolman:

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
Project: INCOGNITO teardown!

Well finally getting some free time between school/work/ and finishing up my new garage to start working on the trucks.

For those of you that don't know here is a little backstory

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2nd-generation-22/518753-project-incognito-pics.html

There are quite a few pics so I'll just start with my online photo album then post up updated pics from there!

picking up a tranny jack tonight so should have old engine completely out this week and start tearing out the interior after that.

enjoy:banana::dancenana::banana::banana:

Picasa Web Albums - Pat - Truck Project

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
holy crap dude you have been busy.my old truck is in pieces lol.cant wait to see it finished

I can't wait to have it done either! decided against heads/cams right now... just can't swing it and would rather get the mustang up and running then blow the money in this truck right now... someday, when I'm out of school:coolman:

slammedi'am

Established Member
i hear you on that.gonna do a few things to mine and put it on hold and buy me a 87-88 tbird to drag with.dont want to beat the truck up down there anymore

alightningfan08

Saving up 4 a Whipple!
Established Member
Wow, subscribing to this one for sure...:pop:

I wonder how much you will spend when it's all said and done?

Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have wrecked my 4.2L F-150. I had planned on doing the same thing you were. I spent $6K on mine before even getting an engine!

Before:
old1.jpg

After:
SIDEDS.jpg

FrontLTDS.jpg

Wrecked and gone:

img111.jpg

Oh well...I guess I wouldn't have the L I have now had I not wrecked the F-150!

Last edited:

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
I picked up the truck for $5200 and bought back my old truck for $3500 so roughly 8700 into it now not including cost for a new rim/black powdercoating, and picked up a L front grill surround and bumper for $150, and sold the old 4.6 for $500...

hope to find all the remaining ground effects off a wrecked truck but haven't had much luck yet.

In the end with the way the economy has unfolded i could probably have picked up an L for same cost but insurance is a b**** for me cuz i'm on high risk with all my tickets and this build ought to be an "exciting adventure":beer:

alightningfan08

Saving up 4 a Whipple!
Established Member
hope to find all the remaining ground effects off a wrecked truck but haven't had much luck yet.

Keep searching on E-bay. That is where I got mine off of. I am pretty sure the name of the business is LKQ. They always had some of the stuff I was looking for. Ex. - ground effects, center console, overhead console. For a while it seemed like the L parts were flowing for me. You could always buy from the dealer...worst case scenario I guess. Oh yeah, I used a ford dealer online @ "Ford Parts" At Bowen Scarff - Formally 1stfordparts.com . they seemed to beat my local dealers prices.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
Finally got some time to get the engine and trans out tonight, updated pics in my albums and here's one for fun

n17212816_37044384_8513.jpg

HIVOLTG

Go SKERS!
Established Member
lil update...

fractured my radius and ulna in my right arm 2 weeks ago snowboarding so have been pretty slow around the garage...:bash:

but got the complete interior torn down and the cab is ready to come off the frame.

Also, my camera broke on the same snowboarding trip so I got a few pics updated in my album, but here is a crappy phone pic

n17212816_37212547_603170.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread