Project no buck GT convert

65type1

Established Member
So... in a case of one thing leads to another. Steering wheel finally pissed me of enough to do something about it.

which led to this
IMG-2618.jpg

While I was at it...Maximum Motorsport quadrant, cable and firewall adjuster
IMG-2619.jpg

And eventually it all led to a new steering wheel ... mechanic failure that I am, it took far longer than it should have

IMG-2625.jpg

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
I have an 03 gt vert, your build/resto is inspiring! Subscribing...keep it up!

Love rifling through LMR catalog caught the wife trying to through mine away : /

Keep us posted on the rear suspension im on stock struts/shocks that have been maxed out with HR ss springs for the last 15+years and are complete shot lol!

Nice ride!

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So... in a case of one thing leads to another. Steering wheel finally pissed me of enough to do something about it. which led to this
View attachment 1662790

While I was at it...Maximum Motorsport quadrant, cable and firewall adjuster
View attachment 1662791

And eventually it all led to a new steering wheel ... mechanic failure that I am, it took far longer than it should have.

View attachment 1662796
It may have taken longer than it should have, but....you did by yourself. Congrats, and keep up the good work.

65type1

Established Member
It may have taken longer than it should have, but....you did by yourself. Congrats, and keep up the good work.

it was odd... on this car I've done the brakes and the suspension work without much drama... in a past life I've completely rebuilt a few VW's from the ground up. That damn steering wheel was simply miserable to get off. It looked like the steering shaft wasn't aligned with the notches in the wheel and it caused it to bind.

Anyway it's on to the next step.... turning indicators and 4ways won't flash after everything went back together. Fuses are good and wipers/high beam flash works, so I'm going to test the flasher and look at the multi switch. Column removal coming up soon (again).

In the mean time ...ordered the FP aluminum driveshaft and stifflers driveshaft loop from LMR.

Users who are viewing this thread