Pros and cons

mag2cobra

Established Member
Looking at buying a marauder but don't know jack about them. My plans are too make it anywhere close or over 600rwhp car. What do I need too be aware of before I buy one?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The first thing you should do is join www.thechicagogarage.com and post your Marauder related questions there.

This forum is and has been dead for years now

whats wrong with mercurymarauder.net? A forum of like-minded, dedicated and talented individuals who have a passion for the marauder, instead of some regional forum where zack hangs out on?

Blown38

Established Member
There is a guy that makes brackets for the blower tensioner and the alternator. Then you can swap on a terminator setup(whipple) for that much power. You will want a forged shortblock tho. There are also centrifugal kits out there, if thats your thing.

There are a bunch of builds on mercurymarauder.net

musclemerc

Established Member
whats wrong with mercurymarauder.net? A forum of like-minded, dedicated and talented individuals who have a passion for the marauder, instead of some regional forum where zack hangs out on?

Zack had nothing to do with my comment. I post on TCG all the time too.
But to answer your question why not recommend MM.net??? TCG is all tech.... all the time.... No twss BS, or HEAVY moderation that MM.net has

Zack being there is just a BONUS

Last edited:

Blackened300a

Established Member
That's why I started my own site UPOA.us to get away from the stupidity of mm.net.
We welcome tech and actual car talk.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Wazzup bitches!!! :-D

Looking at buying a marauder but don't know jack about them. My plans are too make it anywhere close or over 600rwhp car. What do I need too be aware of before I buy one?

Yes, this forum is pretty much dead. So, if you do read this...
Obviously it won't matter about the engine too much since you'll need a forged sb to get 600rwhp. I would look for a solid frame and trans/driveline. If you're handy around the shop, all of the sites mentioned have enough info to cover just about anything you could possibly want to do to a Marauder. Most of the pony sites with 4v dohc info apply in most situations too.

Users who are viewing this thread