Proud new owner

tammy

Established Member
I take delivery tomorrow of my husband christmas present. I picked out an 03 coupe cobra black. I wanted to thank everyone for all the help and look forward to bringing my husband on board to talk COBRA MAN STUFF with you guys. You all have been so helpful and kind during my search and many questions. BTW/ I'm buying a 2nd run (thanks to you I know that;-) ) Also I was allowed D-plan pricing on the car. As for the dealer that would not let me test drive well I'm going to drive my husband new car there after delivery and go in and get my MACH1 deposit back and then I'm having my tow truck come down to Florida to pick the car up as I don't want to put excessive mileage on it before my husband gets it. I plan to have my wrecker drop it off at the NON SVT dealer and take him out to eat and say honey I saw the strangest thing over at xxx dealership they have a cobra there if you want to go look while there closed. Then as he admires the car I'm gonna toss him the keys give him a big kiss and let him go drive his new car till his hearts content!:burnout: :burnout: Again thanks to all very much who helped me out.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Do you have a sister?:D

J\K, my fiance would kill me. I am sure your husband will love it. Sounds like a great plan. Get him to post some pics after delivery. There can never be too many.

:beer:

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Great news! I am happy it all worked out in the end. A little perseverence can go a long ways. I had a similar battle when I bought mine - but it doesn't matter now!

Black Rules! :coolman:

CanyonOne

Established Member
Tammy,

The ride in the passenger seat has been compared to a excellent rollercoaster ride so hang on and take plenty of motion sickness pills. Have fun.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
tammy.. : ( why can't i meet somone like you!! : (
j/k
Congrats on the new car!! Your Husban is a lucky guy!

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Congrats Tammy, glad you got your husband the fastest color also:) Where did you end up getting it from? Enjoy

jason

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer: way to go Tammy i,m sure your husband will love the car.my wife was after me for a couple of months to order a cobra and i kept putting it off, she finally called the sales mrg. and had him call me to say MSRP only ,,choice of color , small deposit,come in and sign the papers.only problem i wanted a black one ( had a black 01 GT and liked the color) she wanted a sonic blue . (my second choice ) i b$$tched and moaned but finally give in and ordered the sonic blue. came in 6/8 and enjoyed every minute with the car. i hope you have a flatbed to haul the car home i don,t think i would tow it home with a wrecker. anyway enjoy !!!

tammy

Established Member
Jason I bougth from Mike Davison Ford near Rengency. You could'nt ask for better treatment. I talked to them maybe 5 minutes saturday night after the test drives and he called today and in 2 minutes say yeah d-plan and i say fax me proof! He did and after the banker called him I called back and set up delivery for tomorrow! Now that's painless. No sitting haggling and crap!

Oh heck no hoof! We own a 2002 Internation d4600 flatbed to me there all wreckers.LOL I of, course being a AAA contractor have AAA and I'm gonna use it for the first time to have the car bought back. I'm arranging for a car cover so it does'nt get bug eaten on the way back home. We have those blue tarp that we use for bad wrecks but i want something not to scracth it so i'm gettng something else to cover it with. I just don't want to tick off 120 miles on the car before my husband see it!

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by byevette
Do you have a sister?:D

J\K, my fiance would kill me. I am sure your husband will love it. Sounds like a great plan. Get him to post some pics after delivery. There can never be too many.

:beer:

LOL! My thoughts exact!

tammy

Established Member
Need Speed see my last post. Nothing but this best for this baby. I have researched since June the Cobra and the MACH 1 and it seems so good to have this behind me.

My husband is a gem. We have triplets and his ride from our business home and back mean down time for him and if he can do a kill that's gravy. Not to mention Kid' Rock wide open. So he deserves this car and more. (more meaning exhaust, filters, chips:) I guess all those things will be christmas presents after all.:bash: :bash:

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
Need Speed see my last post. Nothing but this best for this baby. I have researched since June the Cobra and the MACH 1 and it seems so good to have this behind me.

My husband is a gem. We have triplets and his ride from our business home and back mean down time for him and if he can do a kill that's gravy. Not to mention Kid' Rock wide open. So he deserves this car and more. (more meaning exhaust, filters, chips:) I guess all those things will be christmas presents after all.:bash: :bash:

Any chance of you leaving your husband for me? J/K

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Good for you

Tammy, Welcome to the 'dark' side. Now I'm not the only one to leave the Mach 1 Forums. Yes, you guys will really be impressed with the performance. Glad I jumped in and switched to the Cobra.

MidLifeC

tammy

Established Member
Nice to see you again MidLifeC. I hope my husband likes my choice with the color and the car. I believe he'll be happier with the Cobra. That's all he talks about since we started comparing the two cars.

Grumpy

Established Member
Yo!! MidLifeC & tammy too!!

Welcome to Snakeville!! Glad to see that you two have come to the forum. You knew me on Mach1Registry as "BULLITT680".

Congrats on the new '03's.

Your husband has just got to love you forever, Tammy.

tammy

Established Member
Dplan is an immediate relative. Brother Sister Dad and mom type thing. My brother is at the MO Ford Store. Dplan was 31052.00

C_Record

Established Member
Congrats on your new Cobra. Word of advice though, unless the car is shielded from the wind by some part of the flat bed cab, I wouldn't put a cover on the car during the ride home. It'll be flapping against the paint no matter how well the cover seems to fit(it doesn't sound like you've had time to get a good custom cover for it anyway). Leave it uncovered on the bed, a few bugs won't hurt it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread