Proud new owner

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Tammy!

Way cool....:thumbsup:

You are super lady..... ( and it isn't because you bought a car for your husband.. it is the thought and process.... if you'd have bought him a pair of slacks... it is the kewl way you handle it!)

Also see you are going with my suggestion of buying from the test drive guys and driving to see the Mach 1 butt faces! :-D

I am digging it....:lol1:

I second the statement.... NO COVER.... heck you can pay the local dealer to wash it if you have to. Covers.. Bras .. they leave lines.. or scratches (on cars AND women :-D )

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
tammy congrats!

I to left the Mach 1 behind and ordered a Cobra! Good to see more friendly faces around here (Bullit680, midlifeC). I was Mach_Speed before I saw the light and decided Cobra!

The things you do for your husband is just awesome! Hope you guys have as much fun with the car as you have had purchasing it! Also, with the Flat bed, I to would leave the car cover off! It will put little hair line scratches in the paint, NOT GOOD!

I love your plan for the dealer that treated you bad. Be sure and leave a nice "burnout" on the main drive way so they don't forget you!

Have fun!

tammy

Established Member
Thanks for the headsup about the cover. NO cover will be used. I talked to the wrecker driver and he said NO way. That the truck was plenty high enough to keep any dirt or sand from getting on the car and the bed shield would prevent further bugs or debris from gettingon the car. So that was a women thing shot down for good reason.LOL You people are so awesome. Thanks for the compliments on my choice as well. My husband deverse every bit of hp that car will give him and I guess I'll do mod's for xmas. I think he would like the chip thingy, exhaust, and pully and chip. I sent him the thread I saw last week about group buys from Q somthing (sorry with four kids 3 being 2yo triplets do you expect me to remember that?) hopefully he saved the thread or I'll have to come back and gravel or search it to find it. It was the one for 899 with 10 or more? Q....forget it you guys know the one. We have kicked the MACH around since June and the Cobra for a month or better so I have sent him selected threads on the cars and I could tell the COBRA is what he wants no doubt. Thanks everybody again.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I want to hear the story of his reaction.... you WILL post that up here right?

Also... (cough) ah.. :rollseyes

We don't want anymore Triplets do we...?

:eek:

I mean... you are going to be "careful" the night you give him the car right?

:dw:

tammy

Established Member
Actually Got MACH we were laughing last night about if we got a cobra we should park around the corner and my husband would walk in and ask for the test drive and drive the hell out of it and come by me standing around the corner waving and he would tell them thanks for letting me drive the he** outta your car man I did'nt want to drive my new one that hard, and btw/ you should'nt have pissed my wife off.LOL REMEMBER he has NO idea he's getting the car TODAY!:)

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
You and my wife should meet, two awesome females :) When you get paid as little as us military people, a sacrifice of this magnitude is unbelievable. Keep up the good work :)

tammy

Established Member
We are quitting smoking today actually and we are going out to supper tonight to celebrate that. We don't have an SVT dealer here or anywhere near us. I'm gonna have my wrecker drop off the car and put it in the NEW delivery spot at the local ford store (we have a good releationship with them as we own a repair shop and use parts ect...). After supper I'm gonna tell him I saw a new cobra at xx what the heck are they doing with a cobra reckon someone had it brought here to take delivery? Lets go look at it since you have not got to see one yet. (besides all your great pic's on the forum) Then as he is slobbering over the car I'm gonna toss him the keys with a big hug and tell him to go have fun and drive till his heart contend. I'm gonna get him that Steve MCqueen song that what's her face (again no memoryLOL) has out to put in the cd player. He prefers kid rock and emien but he has those in his other car.LOL I will post with details tomorrow. Tonight we are gonna ride.LOL

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by tammy
We are quitting smoking today actually and we are going out to supper tonight to celebrate that. We don't have an SVT dealer here or anywhere near us. I'm gonna have my wrecker drop off the car and put it in the NEW delivery spot at the local ford store (we have a good releationship with them as we own a repair shop and use parts ect...). After supper I'm gonna tell him I saw a new cobra at xx what the heck are they doing with a cobra reckon someone had it brought here to take delivery? Lets go look at it since you have not got to see one yet. (besides all your great pic's on the forum) Then as he is slobbering over the car I'm gonna toss him the keys with a big hug and tell him to go have fun and drive till his heart contend. I'm gonna get him that Steve MCqueen song that what's her face (again no memoryLOL) has out to put in the cd player. He prefers kid rock and emien but he has those in his other car.LOL I will post with details tomorrow. Tonight we are gonna ride.LOL

Do you have a sister :rollseyes :-D

Ohh... Dammmit I'm already married :(

tammy

Established Member
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. I just got back home and everything went very,very smooth for me. I am getting dressed to go pick him up from work at 6:30 and take him to eat. I think I may have the car at the resturant and park beside it and let him notice it (he's been looking to see if anyone has one and told me last night he's yet to spot one.). Then press the unlock button and tell him to check it out it's HIS.:) I'll let you all know how it goes the truck is down in Jacksonville now loading it.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
That is one lucky man :thumbsup:

If my wife did something like that for me, I'd have a heart attack and die right there next to the car without ever having driven it. :eek:

I hope he knows how lucky he is. That honey-do list should be taken care of right away ;-)

tammy

Established Member
:lol: :lol: That's so funny. I just pray he likes it and likes the color. My new Arura is black and he likes it. I just thought it'd been nice to have the same color cars. They'll look neat parked side by side at work.

hoofbeat

Established Member
:thumbsup: Tammy you better not leave us hanging without finishing this story!!!:beer:

tammy

Established Member
Just wanted to finish my story like I promised everyone. It was awesome! I had to wait for the Ford Store locally to close then had (with premission from the store manager) my wrecker to drop the car down in front of there service department which if your cruising the lot you go between the mustand aisle on the right and trucks on the left as you roll out of that there's service just to set the picture in you mind. We rode to all the different lots looking at inventory which is a common for us being we have a used car lot we check out what other lots have even the new car dealers. Well the Ford store was our last lot to visit. Finally the phone rung once that was my que the car was dropped and everyone was gone. The wal-mart was just around the corner and less than a mile so we go into look for a cd I hunted earlier. We find it and are out of there. He pops in the cd as I head toward the Ford Store so we are jamming to Sheryl Crows new song STEVE MCQueen (all I need's a fast machine......) I said damn that's a shame we don't have your car to play that song in. He laughed and agreeded. I pull in the Ford Store and we cruise in front of the showroom (ugly ass orange truck cought our eye yeah it looked bad but ORANGE) anyway I digress (sp) and I take the left down between the mustangs and the trucks we get to the end and he immediatley sees the COBRA. I pull up to it and say what the hell are they doing with a cobra as he turned to me and smiled and the words Tammy (mylastname here) if you know anything about that car I'll kill you!>LOL I say what I don't know shit bout that car (fair statement right?) I say wanna check it out? Of course he beats me out and is slobbering over it I had the key fob in my hand and walked to the back of the car and say ahh it's gotta tag on it so it must be here for service then he comes around and sees the tag MIKE DAVISON! About the same moment I am standing at the drivers door and cue the fob to open the car and he looks and sees the interior lights come on! I say damn baby this thing is open as he looks up to see the door open (still at the back of the car) I dangle the keys and say come on baby take me for a ride and show me what the thing will really do! He about shits and says what the hell do you mean it's MY car I say get in it yours! OMG he was shocked! We get in and fumbles adjusting the seats and cranks it up and sits there like 2 minutes just listening to the thing and looking around he of,course give me a big kiss and we go to take off and what happeneds? He stalls it TWICE.LOL I'm busting a gut and he does'nt think it's funny (remember no smoking VERY irritable). Anyways we take off and drive he loves it and tells me he was proud of me for being able to test drive the car and not stall it and get all the gears with no prob. He's amazed by the car and the power and says the shifter will take a little getting use to. Then we FINALLY eat supper and I tell him I want to part ways go have fun. I come home and go out side talking to the SIL (babysitter dejour!) and he pulled up a little later. She asked where you surprised? He said no I figured she was bringing it home Saturday.LOL (remember test drive shopping trip that ass dealer the whole deal saturday):loser: Any how I say your not offering to let her take a spin she says I can't drive that car I say I'll take you. And we take it out and cruise and I plant her hinny in the seat a few times and she said WOW I love this car.LOL Anyhow we get up this morning he's still throwing me sugar for the car and my 10 yo girl knows nothing and we all walk outside and she see it and starts jumping up and down and asked if her and daddy could be late for school.LOL Anyways to shorten this up My husband loves it and I will try to get pic. it was raining last night and dark. Thanks again to everyone for being so nice and helpful to me.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
WOW!!!

That's awesome!!! :thumbsup:

I've got a tear in my eye (not kidding).

Tammy <-------------Wife of the year award goes here.

Great job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread