Proud owner of a maruader!

Stateguy

Established Member
I remember the local speed shop installing superchargers on these for the Florida Highway Patrol. I also remember the comparison to the mid nineties impala ss. I still think a black marauder looks mean and wouldn't mind owning one.

Congrats op!

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
Black is awesome. They all look good, though.

It's usually difficult finding the OEM BFG tires for them. It can be done, though. Many people are using a newer Cooper tire that can be had in the factory size. Some people go with a bigger rear tire which looks really big and ballooned IMO. Stock size tires and stock wheels look the best on these cars.

Here is the 2003 I had.

JFwxcuf.jpg

/hijack

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I remember the local speed shop installing superchargers on these for the Florida Highway Patrol. I also remember the comparison to the mid nineties impala ss. I still think a black marauder looks mean and wouldn't mind owning one.

Congrats op!

The 18 FHP Marauders never had any S/C installed, they got a tune, intake and 4.10 gears as part of their interceptor/pursuit package.

I think the last one was retired in 2009 so maybe that was what you seen was a retired one that was bought at public auction.

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I think I want to do 4.10's, Kurgan Dynotune, upper/lower control arms, K&N intake...

Anything else?

How do these fare over a 96 Cobra engine? I've seen a stock dynosheet and it's damn close to what my Cobra is putting down with mods!!

The main difference other than the ECM tune is the Marauder has square exhaust outlets to the exhaust collector, while the 96 Cobra's has the oval type. I think in 99 is when the switch happened from oval to square. I also think the cams profiles are different also, more to do with the auto and manual trans then anything else.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
They should sound just like a Mach.

But they don't because the pipe routing is different and the exhaust is way longer. They have similar tones but its not so close that people would mistake the two.

Black is awesome. They all look good, though.

It's usually difficult finding the OEM BFG tires for them. It can be done, though. Many people are using a newer Cooper tire that can be had in the factory size. Some people go with a bigger rear tire which looks really big and ballooned IMO. Stock size tires and stock wheels look the best on these cars.

Here is the 2003 I had.

/hijack

I remember seeing your car for sale on MM.net, if all high mile marauders were as clean as yours, the resale value probably wouldn't be in the shitter.

Users who are viewing this thread