PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE

Which do you prefer?

• PS2

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • XBOX

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • What are these gizmos? When I was young.....

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Oh, and my main reasons for wanting the PS2?

DEAD TO RIGHTS
HITMAN
MAX PAYNE

Whoa. :eek: Based on that list maybe I should skip the PS2 and go see a therapist!

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
They also look better on XBOX.

But Sony has the Gran Turismo series, so I am left w/ no choice but to own it w/ the Logitech wheel as well. Resident Evil Online is also something worth owning it for.

Nintendo also has must-have titles that justify Gamecube ownership, just not enough of them, yet.

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by AV8R
Hitman 2- Available on XBOX
Max Payne - Also on XBOX
Hmmm...and Dpres1 says it looks better on XBOX, too. Darn, I was looking to pick up a used PS2. Time to reconsider I guess. :shrug:

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I'm sorry to say that right now PS2 is the best one. I only say this because Xbox is too new. Not enough games are out for it. Well not enough good games are out for it. PS2- You can't compete with Gran Turismo, Grand theft auto and all thier sports games. I think in about 6 months to a year Xbox and PS2 will be on the smae level. Game cube blows ass except for Super smash bros. Do you really want nintendo makers to make a football game. Yes super mario football where there heads are 2 times the size of their body. Oh yeah you can't takle either thats violent so we will play 2 hand touch. Nintendo systems are for little kids.

Oh yeah i just picked up splinter cell for Xbox and it kicks ASS. you have to get that game.

Last edited:

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
Bought an XBOX for the wife for Christmas. After much consideration, it was the only real choice.

'Course, I still have a Super Pong game, along with an Atari 2600 around the house somewhere. Hmmm.........I wonder if the Smithsonian..........

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
I own a PS2, trying to find the network adaptor so I can play SOCOM online.......Wanna pick up XBOX when I get some cash too.....
Tony I just got a Network adapter for my PS2 made by Linksys only $20 on eBay Part Number USB100TX Hope that Helps!! and God Bless PS2!! heheh

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Hmmm...and Dpres1 says it looks better on XBOX, too. Darn, I was looking to pick up a used PS2. Time to reconsider I guess. :shrug:

I would still recommend the PS2, depending on your home theater set-up. If it's just the basics, go with it instead. But if you want 5.1 in game sound and HD support, go with XBOX. Also, consider your favorite game franchises as well. Some games are exclusives (you know that, though):beer:

jguerrero

Established Member
ps2 is the best sytem ever made, the games are the best than any other system. x-box is a joke. wait to ps3 comes out this christmas coming up, like nothing ever seen before. they have been working on it for 5 years. they have had the time becuase ps2 has been kicking the other systems asses in sales. I also own a gamecube, pretty cool system, except limited games., but fun

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
PS2 is a great system, but it's graphical power is starting to show it's age. I too, can't wait till the PS3 comes but till then the XBOX is king of the hill on my TV.

Have you played ICO? It's a badass game, I highly recommend it to all you PS2 owners w/ your 27" analog tv's! j/k it is a great game though.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by jguerrero
ps2 is the best sytem ever made, the games are the best than any other system. x-box is a joke. wait to ps3 comes out this christmas coming up, like nothing ever seen before. they have been working on it for 5 years. they have had the time becuase ps2 has been kicking the other systems asses in sales. I also own a gamecube, pretty cool system, except limited games., but fun

Doesn't even come close to the Atari or the NES or the Genesis for that matter.

Sorry.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
I own a PS2, trying to find the network adaptor so I can play SOCOM online.......Wanna pick up XBOX when I get some cash too.....

If you play socom 2 make sure you buy the sony adaptor and not some 3rd party one. My third party adaptor wouldnt work with socom2. Worked with Socom 1 so go figure. I called Sony and got the big speech about it and they told me go buy the Sony one.

ralphy1798

Established Member
get the xbox, i know how to pimp it out with an NES emulator, burned games (~2 a piece), Linux, etc etc etc... The hard drive makes the possibilities endless!

Users who are viewing this thread