PS3 vs Xbox360

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
^^^day one buy for me.

One those most of the pics are shown at different times of day in the game, so lighting is different. Doesn't mean xbox has better graphics.

i have a 250GB PS3 and will never own a microsoft xbox system. Plus blu-ray, cant go wrong with that!! The Controller enough is a shame for me not to buy an xbox. Gran Turismo will be the best game when it comes out!

what the **** did you just say?

Skillz

Established Member
I really love how the PS3 is compared with the 360 in graphics wise when developers have had well over a year to work with the 360 vs the PS3.

The PS3, as far as number crunching is 11ty billionty times better than a 360. Don't believe me, just ask the Panda Group.

Hunt93FiveO

Waiting
Established Member
I could care less which is better. I own a premium 360, 80GB PS3, Wii and a sick 17” laptop. I can play pretty much anything I want :)

Haha I had all 3 but a slow computer. but I always steped on the wii so my girlfriend took at back to her house :(

Gta4 looks the same for both 360 and ps3 but I have the ps3 in the den with a 63" tv and my 360 in my room with a 32" flatscreen soIi like it better in the den.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I have a PS3 and all my friends have a 360. xbox has better online play and more titles, and a little better graphics.

Keep in mind the PS3 has been out a year less than 360 so the meat and potatoes for the games are still yet to come. The PS3 packs more technology: the processor is a little more advanced therefore will take some time for developers to utalize this and get the best graphics from the system ( meaning PS3 has a higher ceiling for graphic capability) And the blueray is awesome to have not to mention the bluetooth capability ( I synced my bluetooth from my blackberry to my PS3 to use as a head set.) Online is free and getting much better with each and every update.

So it comes down to 360 is more established because it's been out longer and PS3 has a lot to prove but is just as capable if not more.

Last edited:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
I love my Elite.
Its capable of 1080p gaming, hasn't given me one issue and I love the black case.
But being a tech guy, I know the ins and outs and so far no real game developer and/or publisher has really utilized the power of the PS3.

It is faster. 7 Cores compared to the Xbox's 3.
Thats why a Crysis title is being considered for the PS3 but not the 360... it don't have the power to run the game at the developer's minimum, or 60 frames per second at 1920 X 1080 pixels displayed progressivly with certain visual features turned on . (Crysis on PS3 running @ 1080p with triple buffering and 16XAf)

When they stop porting games over and really tap into its potential, you will see what I mean.
Resistance 2 is going to be pretty wild.

sorry to burst your bubble man, but neither the Ps3 nor the 360 can render crysis at 1080p with 16xAF, + all the nice visuals. These consoles are operating on video/cpu architecture that is already 3 years old... My CURRENT system, 3+ghz quad core 8800GTS can't even run crysis at 1080p, i doubt any old console will be able to. I think all these systems do is render the intensive games at <720p(halo 3 = 640p), then UPconvert the picture to 1080i/1080p.

lilmarc1988

Established Member
To me thats a failure of a system. Bought to be used for movies! haha.

I was planning on doing the same thing actually. Maybe get grand turismo as well. but everything is is for 360. More games, multiplayer is phenomenal. Sure you gotta pay, but wtf is 50 a year anyhow? whatever i throw away that in 2 hours at a bar vs the countless hours i spend playing.
its still the best blueray out anyway. i sell t.v.s and electronics for a "living" lol

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
I have a PS3 and all my friends have a 360. xbox has better online play and more titles, and a little better graphics.

Keep in mind the PS3 has been out a year less than 360 so the meat and potatoes for the games are still yet to come. The PS3 packs more technology: the processor is a little more advanced therefore will take some time for developers to utalize this and get the best graphics from the system ( meaning PS3 has a higher ceiling for graphic capability) And the blueray is awesome to have not to mention the bluetooth capability ( I synced my bluetooth from my blackberry to my PS3 to use as a head set.) Online is free and getting much better with each and every update.

So it comes down to 360 is more established because it's been out longer and PS3 has a lot to prove but is just as capable if not more.

SAID very well! End thread now.. :beer:

Last edited:

burnzilla

Established Member
sorry to burst your bubble man, but neither the Ps3 nor the 360 can render crysis at 1080p with 16xAF, + all the nice visuals. These consoles are operating on video/cpu architecture that is already 3 years old... My CURRENT system,

Compromising certain settings & playing with all the visual features, they are considering a release as soon as Q3 of this year. Plus you need to remember, they are running Crysis in 32bit mode, not the full-on DX10 64 bit that requires much more brute force power.

The real issue is that Crysis has a hard game-engine to run.
With tweaks and upgrades to the programming mechanics, the main downfall of this title, they are improving frame rates in chunks and this was a month or two ago.

3+ghz quad core 8800GTS can't even run crysis at 1080p,
i doubt any old console will be able to.

The 7 cell CPU in the PS3 is faster then your 4 cell 3.0 Ghz quad.
A 3.0 Core2Duo is faster at gaming then your quad, the C2D's have higher clocks speeds and run games faster.

Crysis will be released for the PS3 before the year is over, and it will run at 60 frames per second, at 60 hz, on 1080p.
Count on it.

Last edited:

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
loveee my 360! But wouldnt mind a PS3, its got a nice set of games out there also...

FastCobra03

Established Member
Personal preference I guess. I always find myself sqinting to make things out whenever I play 360 so that's why I went with the PS3.
Get an HD tv for that 360 and they woun't be blurry anymore i have both 360 and ps3 but there's no good game's out for the ps3 and the 360 is just better in graphis and game play so if anyone want a cheap ps3 pm me i hate it!!!

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
For its original price of $600 it better have all that stuff.

Resistance, Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden and Gran Turismo aren't good exclusives?

:lol:

33%?
I'll give you a minute to think about that.
Plus, since Q4 of last year all 360's are built with the new chip and cooling setup, not to mention the lifetime replacement guarentee for anyone who owns one the the originals.

It also cost half as much and didn't force people to buy a media player.
Many people just wanted a game machine.

The problem as that Blue Ray and HD hadn't really went mainstream and Sony tried to force it upon everyone.
Which is why for 2 1/2 years PS3's of all types sat of shelves, Sony discounted 2-3 models and re-vamped thier entire marketing scheme.

1) Who cares about original price. I'm talking about NOW a 40gig is $400.
2) No Uncharted is a piece of shit game. I've played it. Good graphics and thats about it. I would never even look at that game again. Ninja Gaiden Sigma does not count and Resistance compared to Halo3 is a joke. Resistance was never that good to begin with.

3) The 33% figure is true. Maybe not right this moment but that figure was all over the news. Maybe you shouldn't :lol: until you LOOK IT UP.
4) Lifetime replacement gurantee? Um no. Try three years. I know because a Microsoft rep told me when I had to send mine in. Where are you getting your information?

Thats all great and fun that NOW 360's have new chips, HDMI, etc, but where does that leave the MILLIONS of people that bought the original, shitty running xbox's the two years before they released the falcon ones. They keep updating the 360 with new features but i'm not going to buy a brand new 360 just because of that. How many times has Sony updated the PS3's functions? 0. They did their homework. Microsoft did not. If all was fair, when I sent my 360 in for repair, they should have sent me a brand new one back.

5) Force people to buy a media player? PS3 is $400. Premium 360 is $400.
6) And although the HD/Blueray format war was indeed one of Sony's concerns, it is not why the PS3 sat on shelves and was discounted much less Sony's main problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread