PS3. What kind of cool things are you doing with it?

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I love my PS3, and this thread has shown me new ways to use this thing in my home theatre. Thanks for the info :beer:

Mayo5

Established Member
Literally 50% of that 'GAME' is Cut Scenes, and it requires a large installation before playing and a smaller installation before each level.

FAIL

"Loads take between seven and fifteen seconds, depending on the size of the area. You'll barely notice, however, and it admittedly can provide respite from the heat of battle and pressure of pursuit. It can, however, be exploited – as in the past two MGS games. If you need to escape your pursuers, simply leave the limits of the immediate area (and thereby trigger a load screen) and the search will be called off. It's still cheap and still far too handy in many situations."

Sounds like you fail.

As for the cut scenes.. What do you expect? Even with all of the cut scenes, which have been a huge part of the series, it is still about 20 hours of actual gameplay. Not to mention; it's the finale of one of the greatest game series of all time. There is a ton of story line to wrap up and fill in with details. If you are worried about watching these cut scenes then why would you even consider picking up MGS game; a Resident Evil game; a Final Fantasy game, etc etc.

This is not a fps/sports game.

I think you are the first person I have ever heard of complaining about the length of a game.... :poke:

$60 for 40 hours worth of a game+ Online
---or---
$60 for 4-6 hours worth of playing+Online

hoamskilet

Established Member
I use my XBox 360 to do that, now, although I also own a PS3. I'm wondering, if you stream with a PS3, does it allow you to stream ALL movie formats? The XB0x 360 only allows you to stream certain types of files.

I haven't dug too deep into it yet, but I think tversity changes the file as it streams if you're streaming to a unit that doesn't natively support whatever file type you're tryin to play.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I think you are the first person I have ever heard of complaining about the length of a game.... :poke:

$60 for 40 hours worth of a game+ Online
---or---
$60 for 4-6 hours worth of playing+Online

LOL 50/50 cutscenes = a GAME?

Nothing like sitting on the couch with controller in hand doing absolutely nothing...

03cobrarocks

Established Member
LOL 50/50 cutscenes = a GAME?

Nothing like sitting on the couch with controller in hand doing absolutely nothing...

I would have to agree with you.. i havent played a metal gear solid game since the first one that came out on the ps2 console, I beleive it was called metal gear solid sons of liberty. Talk about a lame game! It only had like 2 levels and I had a friend that was really into it and she said the whole point of the game is to find secrets and random objectives that are not part of the main missions.... Needless to say i was like wow thats retarted :fm:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
My PS3 is sitting quietly next to my 50" plasma just waiting to be used. The occasional movie BR or otherwise is tossed in. I'm beginning to wonder if getting this so soon after my HD player was a good thing. Mighty expensive up converting player.

Now on the other hand, my Xbox 360 with my 40" plasma gets fired up and used EVERY day.

Users who are viewing this thread