PTC 3500 stall

calebnumber3

Established Member
I found a brand new one for sale, but have never heard of anyone but circle d in regards to the new Mustang.

Does anyone have any experience with PTC converters? If it's a good quality converter I can save some cash going with it instead of circle d.

Quick5.0

Established Member
PTC is one of the best out there. I run one of there converters in my pro street mustang, Ten years beating it on the track and street with not one problem.

04compgt

Established Member
Had their converter in my TH400 turbo mustang that went high 8's, I wouldn't hesitate to buy their product again. I have a Circle D on my car and their converter is awesome as well, at the time when I purchased my Circle D, they did not have a PTC converter available for the 6r80.

Justin81

Established Member
Here's the thing. What are you buying? What does it offer? I believe the Circle D converters are built with forged covers and Multi Disc clutch packs and all kids of other stuff. If the PTC converter is the same quality than go for it. The company is a known good company and no stranger to HP. If the converter is a stock reworked core than I would save for something better like a C.d

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I have one of their convertors in my C-4 setup... Great guys to deal with, and very quick to help. I destroyed one of their convertors (input shaft destruction which was my fault), and they fixed it in three days for a VERY reasonable price.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
i spoke with lane from PTC

They have a triple 248 disc billet converter cost is $1350

They also have a singe disc for $750

PTC makes bad ass converters thats what we run in our 2011 with the glide

They know how to get it done

D1coyote

Established Member
First, there is more than one company that goes by PTC. Make sure it is PTC located in Muscle Shoals, AL. They make awesome converters. I have a billet front, non lock-up, spragless, 6500 stall behind the 4L80. I had a Circle D behind the 6R80. Both companies have been great in my experience. However, I definitely will not do business with PTC of Texas again.

Users who are viewing this thread