Pulled a LS7 Corvette on the freeway in my Cobra

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Good run OP.

Just goes to show how much better the 5.0's are. With 420 RWHP they are an even match for an Ls7 vette.Hell, even some of them with less mods can pull 2-3 cars on a C6Z from a Roll.

If a 600+ RWHP Cobra only yanks one by 3 cars, I'd hate to see what a 600 RWHP 5.0 does to both that said Cobra and the Z!!!! :)

Realized it was a 2013 LS7 vette and not.a C6Z.

you serious?

MGC

Established Member
Good run OP.

Just goes to show how much better the 5.0's are. With 420 RWHP they are an even match for an Ls7 vette.Hell, even some of them with less mods can pull 2-3 cars on a C6Z from a Roll.

If a 600+ RWHP Cobra only yanks one by 3 cars, I'd hate to see what a 600 RWHP 5.0 does to both that said Cobra and the Z!!!! :)

Realized it was a 2013 LS7 vette and not.a C6Z.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's the best joke I've read all week.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice kill. Always good when you educate someone on how fast his/her car is.

Always someone faster out there.....

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Did you happen to read the comments in that thread. Even the OP stated the guy couldn't drive :bored:

Certainly did.

However, did you read the several pages of other 5.0 owners that agreed he could keep up with a Vette, especially the posts from kcsvt94l trying to convince dozens of SVTP members a bolt-on 5.0 is a good race for a C6Z?

:)

C0bra99

Established Member
Certainly did.

several pages of other 5.0 owners that agreed :)
There's your problem:dw::lol:

You just didn't take a sip you downed the whole jug. I read stories about 13 500 taking on the 6Z but not a 5.0 with BO. I beat many 5.0 with my 13 500 and none even came close.

03COBRA-88

Established Member

You just didn't take a sip you downed the whole jug. I read stories about 13 500 taking on the 6Z but not a 5.0 with BO. I beat many 5.0 with my 13 500 and none even came close.

Thank you. Some people understand here

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

No clue what you mean here. I was being sarcastic toward the 5.0 guys since there are some that feel with a few mods they are close enough to compared to a Z or even a GT500.

Thank you. Some people understand here

See above. I don't own a 5.0 ifn case there was confusion there. I was being sarcastic toward a couple of 5.0 members on this site that eat sleep shit and piss 5.0 and crap on other cars.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
No clue what you mean here. I was being sarcastic toward the 5.0 guys since there are some that feel with a few mods they are close enough to compared to a Z or even a GT500.

See above. I don't own a 5.0 ifn case there was confusion there. I was being sarcastic toward a couple of 5.0 members on this site that eat sleep shit and piss 5.0 and crap on other cars.

Understood. All is good man :beer:

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Yes they are but we are not supposed to go past 5th, so it doesnt matter. At 120, its already a good speed to end it. Either way, I love those LS7's :rockon:

120 is the lower spectrum with the guys I run with. Usually it's a 40-140ish. and yes, they shine at the higher speeds with their aerodynamic advantage.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys.

Just fyi guys, I was in the meat of 4th when I backed out due to the turn coming up in the road (goes into a canyon where the turn speed limits go down to 55mph from 65mph, so it isn't exactly a gradual turn). I was still pulling STRONG when I let out. If I would have pulled all the way through 4th I likely would have put another car, maybe car and a half on him.

I know the Corvettes have better aerodynamics, plus the ability to go WOT in 5th make them able to pull strong to well over 150. But what the hell is the point of going that fast when I had already put the distance on him like I did? :shrug:

We exchanged numbers, so I am hoping he contacts me after he has a couple bolt ons and we can have a rematch. After I teach him how to line up even before taking off. lol

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
121 is 7k in 3rd for a C6Z. It's drag co-ef is .31 so take it for what it's worth.

4th is 121 to 160, which I believe is OD 6th gear territory for the 5.0

Op good kill. I'd expect a 2.8 kb car to pull a bolt on C6Z anyway.

Edit: I was about 2 seconds from giving Grabber shit until I realized he was trollin. I pulled a bolt on (or at least it was loud as ****) 5.0 car in my bone stock Z. He didn't even wave back to me after :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread