Pulled a LS7 Corvette on the freeway in my Cobra

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
No clue what you mean here. I was being sarcastic toward the 5.0 guys since there are some that feel with a few mods they are close enough to compared to a Z or even a GT500.

See above. I don't own a 5.0 ifn case there was confusion there. I was being sarcastic toward a couple of 5.0 members on this site that eat sleep shit and piss 5.0 and crap on other cars.

We figured you were yanking chain but you just never know for sure.
I quite like reading the 5.0 threads and would like to race one on my own to see what's up.

Klay

Established Member
What a surprise, people bashing on the 5.0 again. In case you were confused grabber, this race involved a 03-04 cobra and a corvette. Not sure why you felt the need to bring the 5.0 into then proceed to mock it.

Good kill op, sounds like you got a fast car.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
What a surprise, people bashing on the 5.0 again. In case you were confused grabber, this race involved a 03-04 cobra and a corvette. Not sure why you felt the need to bring the 5.0 into then proceed to mock it.

Good kill op, sounds like you got a fast car.

I wasn't confused man.

People put the 5.0 on a pedestal. Apparently a few 5.0 members on this site truly believe a bolt-on 5.0 is a good race against a C6Z. This was a race between a car I used to own (03 Cobra) that has a TS on it vs. a Vette with the same engine as a C6Z.

Just poking fun at specific 5.0 guys, nothing more.

I mock the owners, not the car. A 420-430 RWHP Bolt-on 5.0 is not beating or hanging with a well driven Stock C6Z or 2013 427 Vette IMHO.

blackvette101

Established Member
I wasn't confused man.

People put the 5.0 on a pedestal. Apparently a few 5.0 members on this site truly believe a bolt-on 5.0 is a good race against a C6Z. This was a race between a car I used to own (03 Cobra) that has a TS on it vs. a Vette with the same engine as a C6Z.

Just poking fun at specific 5.0 guys, nothing more.

I mock the owners, not the car. A 420-430 RWHP Bolt-on 5.0 is not beating or hanging with a well driven Stock C6Z or 2013 427 Vette IMHO.

why not it's only making less power and carrying more weight in a less aerodynamic body. Such things are trivial for a coyote.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
5.0 horsepower is more potent.... 1hp is equal to 3 camero horsepowers and 2 corvette horsepowers. When doing the math you always have to multiply the 5.0 hp to get the equivalent.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kill OP. There are still alot of people that buy a certain car and think it's untouchable. +1, 120 is good anways. What's really being proved when you are both going 160-180mph....closer to death maybe. I think anything thats a quarter mile worth is good enough.

Last edited:

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Nice kill OP. There are still alot of people that buy a certain car and think it's untouchable. +1, 120 is good anways. What's really being proved when you are both going 160-180mph....closer to death maybe. I think anything thats a quarter mile worth is good enough.

Agreed. I guess the Corvette crowd will always cling to the fact that it isn't smart to go WOT in 5th on our Cobras so they talk about how the Vette will pull @ 140+. Well of course it will, because I will have stopped accelerating by that point giving the Corvette enough time to catch me and then pass me! lol

Users who are viewing this thread