gt cams
600metcalf005.jpg

600metcalf006.jpg

600metcalf009.jpg

600metcalf012.jpg

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Have you already got the pistons and rings? If you haven't got rings yet I have a brand new set of diamond rings .020 over that I never used that I'm getting rid of. They're plasma moly.

Last edited:

trmin8ter03

Established Member
Looks like the valve covers could of been broken and looks like the cop cover is scratched isnt there another way of hooking up those chains. Is that the hood on top of the car ouch. Ive never done it but there is prob a better way to attach those chains. Good job though did the motor blow.

Silverboost

Established Member
Looks like the valve covers could of been broken and looks like the cop cover is scratched isnt there another way of hooking up those chains. Is that the hood on top of the car ouch. Ive never done it but there is prob a better way to attach those chains. Good job though did the motor blow.

he has got a conv't so I don't think the hood is going to scratch the roof, but I would have found somewhere else to stick instead.

Sharkster

Established Member
true it got the job done. I think I would have put some folded towels anywhere those chains were going to touch

iBiTe03

Established Member
there are threads in the cylinder heads to thread bolts into so you can attach chains to pull the motor...

Sharkster

Established Member
Once the headers are off is there a particular way you guys are setting the engine to work on or are you pulling the tranny and mounting it to a stand?
Did the alt and starter have to be taken off before pulling it?
Id like to see a detailed write up with pictures on pulling these motors and mounting for work?
Id like to see where these bolt holes for the hoisting is as well.

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
ordered my diamond pistons today, we where able to jiggle the pistons and some the rings where visitable not good

Users who are viewing this thread