Pulled the trigger on a Mach 1

gmantheman

Established Member
I am finally pulling the trigger on a Mach 1. The title will be transfered to me by Wed. The seller advertised it for $13,000 but since he got orders to Italy, he sold it to me for just under 11K. I did see and drove the car and I liked it. Here is the car on Autotrader.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

First mod will be putting in the stock tail lights.
Now some people will think I am crazy going from a 06 Mustang GT with mods such as cams, dyno tune and other mods, but I feel as though I was at my limit powerwise unless I went F/I or spent money on upgrading the engine. I think the MACH 1 has more potential to grow N/A. Also, I see at least 5 S197s per. day. But I have only seen about 5 Mach 1s in the last month or two.

mach1won

Established Member
good buy man, you wont regret it! your link isnt working by the way so get some pics when you pick it up and post em on here! enjoy

clc44

Established Member
Great buy, I really wanted white when I got my TR Mach.

Already has a great sounding exhaust. Just needs a mid-pipe and LT's to finish that up. My first mod was a short throw. Made a huge difference. I love my MGW ;).

As for taillights, do you plan on tinted headlights? If so American Muscle has some tinted tails you may want to look into.

Get some more pics posted when you get her home.

gmantheman

Established Member
Great buy, I really wanted white when I got my TR Mach.

Already has a great sounding exhaust. Just needs a mid-pipe and LT's to finish that up. My first mod was a short throw. Made a huge difference. I love my MGW ;).

As for taillights, do you plan on tinted headlights? If so American Muscle has some tinted tails you may want to look into.

Get some more pics posted when you get her home.

I just ordered stock tail lights from American Muscle. The site has them for only $79 a pair. The ford dealer quoted me over $300 just for one.
The car has magnapacks which sound good but I will eventially get a new midpipe. Since I am in Cali, I may go with a catted X.

04Machsy

Established Member
Congrats on the Mach

What would ever possess someone to think those tails are cool

gmantheman

Established Member
As much as I love the 06 mustang, I was getting a little frustrated with it at the track. Granted the track I go to is located 1200' above sea level and the d/a is just under 1000' on a good day to 3000' in the summer, but I could never get into the 12s. My 60' times are 1.7XX to 1.8XX and my best E.T is 13.185 at 103. Granted at sea level this would be about a 12.7 at 107. I think the MACH I with less mods will get me into the 12s.

Users who are viewing this thread