Pulley and Tune on 2010 GT500

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I friend of mine recently bought a 2010 GT500 and is looking to get a smaller pulley and tune in San Antonio, Texas.

I know quite a bit about the 03/04 Cobras but not that much about the GT500s.

What size pulley should he get and where in San Antonio should he go?

South Texas Perfomance qouted $1,200 for the pulley and tune; is this a bit high?

He is not looking to replace the exhaust or do more mods down the road besides a K&N air filter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

Leonard 95

Established Member
Don't know about San Antonio, but most use vmp, evolution or jlt packages for tune/cai/pulley. Even with the pulley remover/installer this combo comes out to almost 800 VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: Pulley & Custom Tune Upgrade Package for 10-11 Shelby GT500.

I can only vouch for Justin at VMP, he is top notch and very helpful, do a search you will find lots of info on him. As for pulley, most use the 2.65, 2.6 or the new 2.59, I would go with the 2.59 if I had to do it again.

Last edited:

nila

Thanks for the advice given to sscobra03. This is the friend with the new toy 2010 Shelby gt500 black on black. Looks like some prices I got online and also from Justin at vmpperformance, are close to the price I am being quoted. So hopefully all goes well. Thanks again.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Thanks for the advice given to sscobra03. This is the friend with the new toy 2010 Shelby gt500 black on black. Looks like some prices I got online and also from Justin at vmpperformance, are close to the price I am being quoted. So hopefully all goes well. Thanks again.

pics or ban!:D

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
CAI, pulley and canned tune package deal online works great. but for future dyno sessions I know there is a place in SA but I dont know the name. go to A taste of home->Texas and make a thread called something like "tuner in San Antonio". someone should chime in....

Users who are viewing this thread