pulley / belt question

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
this very well may be a very stupid question... but w/ my vortech unit and the different pulley combinations where can i find a quick reference on what size belt to use? i'm going to push about 16lbs, but am on the stock 6 rib... any good places to find an 8 rib set up? or have you not had that bad of belt slippage around 16psi w/ a centri? also, when vortech upgrades an Si to a T trim to they change out the data plate to reflect that or will it still say Si trim? Thanks, -Dylan

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
i just meant in general is there a resource for belt sizes. I, in particular have an 04 mach 1 32 valve 4.6L w/ all stock pulleys and a 2.8 vortech pulley...

Stanger00

Established Member
Stock Vortech pulley is 3.6" so your pulley is .8" smaller...Thus, belt should be about .8" shorter. Not sure of the belt length that is provided with the kit but I want to say its 113" and I dont know of any manufactures that make belts in the range you need.

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
yeah, i have a 113 right now. I was just lookin to see if there was a resource somewhere w/ info compiled already in case i went w/ an o.d. crank pulley, electric water pump... etc... thanks though

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nope it sure won't because every setup seems to be completely different. But for the most part if you post the question, and what setup you have, and what pulley sizes we can get pretty damn close.

Users who are viewing this thread