Pulley How to and what exactley do you need

need4snake

Banned
Hey can someone point me to a thread that describes exactley what is needed to do a 2.76 pulley install? I'm probably going with the billetflow, but just would like a parts list etc... I was a bit confused on the billetflow site.

cbr repsol

Established Member
It depends every car is different..my friends didnt need anything. U need the remover and installation tool. The bf quick change hub is nice cause once its installed u just bolt and unbolt pulley in case u wanna change stuff in the future.

rudycobra

Established Member
Pulley remover /installer tool . Usually can pick up a used one in the market section . U may need a mafia or mass air flow sensor , your choice if needed . But that should b it as far as fuel for just upper pulley

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
check this article out. it might help.

'03-'04 Mustang Cobra Performance Test - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

edit: basically the things you MUST HAVE, in order to complete the pulley swap would be: upper pulley, pulley puller, spark plugs 1 heat range colder than stock, shorter belt, and a tune for more boost. depending on the car, you could end up needing supporting mods as well, ie: BAP, MAF, etc.

i currently have a 2.8 upper, JLT RAI, steeda cat-back, and BAMA tune. my car did not need any of the supporting mods....although my fuel system IS prettty much maxed.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Being as you live in Florida you should be fine with just adding the pulley, auxiliary idler, tune, and plugs. We sell Metco if you would like to use their pullies.

Also check the market sectoin for a used puller.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
antiseize? that's a first...

This? - http://www.antiseize.com

Where am I applying it? On the bolt for the pulley?

Here's a more direct page for you. I like the nickel based products because they seem to last longer at higher temps. Anything is better than nothing though.

Anti-Seize Compounds on Anti-Seize Technology Industries, Inc.

You put just a little bit on the snout shaft and just a little bit inside the pulley too. So be sure and buy as little as you can.:beer:

If anyone goes to take the pulley off in a few years they will be glad it was used on installation.

Users who are viewing this thread