pulley Q's

timmymac

Established Member
since the search function isnt working. i have to ask... im sure someone will answer it quickly...

just got a predator and CAI and am looking to order a pulley... after reading a lot and looking around here... im pretty sure i want a 4# pulley.....

3 questions.

1. is this the upper or lower pulley?? meaning is this the pulley that is actually connected to the supercharger???

2. what is the actual size of the pulley??

3. which pulley is easier to take off? the top or bottom??

Like i said, i would have searched but as you guys know, its not working... i appreciate the help.

-Tim

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
1. is this the upper or lower pulley?? meaning is this the pulley that is actually connected to the supercharger???

2. what is the actual size of the pulley??

3. which pulley is easier to take off? the top or bottom??
1) lower
2)http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-187/270751-lower-pulley-sizes.html
3) That will depend on what tools you have,
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-187/123919-lower-pulley-installation.html
You will need a different tool for the s/c pulley removal/install.

SVTJayhawk

Capt. Schistosity
Established Member
With a quick change hub the lower pulley is the easier of the two to change, but if you're swapping from a stock lower it may be easier to just get the pulley removal tool and do the upper.

thorntonSVT

Established Member
The lower can be a real pain to install if your still using the stock one but you will see more gains and you don't have to deal with a higher chance of belt slippage. Go with the lower.. imo

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Before buying a new belt you might want to try breaking/filing off the tensioner arm stop tab on tensioner. It should give you enough travel to re-use the current belt.

TensionerTab.jpg

Be sure replace the plugs with some in a cooler heat range. NGK TR-6s are common (myself included). For 4# or 6# lower gap them to .034-.036". Also, be sure to change the fuel filter regularly (every other oil change if not sooner). IMO you should consider a MAFia MAF extender or SCT BA2400/BA2600 MAF upgrade with a 4# or larger increase.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
That's where i get my stuff from. You can probably find them cheaper on ebay or in the market section. Not sure where you can find the lock up tool though.
Make sure to specify the year of your truck when you order. I believe there are 2 different sizes for the hub.

Users who are viewing this thread