Pulley question

joegt38

Established Member
My buddy has an 03 and he put the 2.76 pulley, with in 2 week he tore up two belts. Does anyone know what could be the problem??

The belts he was using he recvieved w/ the pulley, is their any other belts you guys use? or could it just be the pulley?

Thanks for any help..

Joe

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Maybe the pulley isnt installed correctly, lined up. It could be a hair too far off the pulley or pressed on too far

rick

joegt38

Established Member
Thank you very much, I hope it was just the way he put the pulley on.

Thanks again guys.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is the pulley is not installed flush then the misalignment will cause the edges to rub. It wouldn't be long before the belt started to shred. Also, if the pulley is a "non-slip" type make sure it was installed in the right direction. Otherwise the grooves that are cut into the pulley will shred the belt. Sounds like yours, though, is an alignment issue. Let us know how you make out.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I have been running a Billetflow non-slip pulley with a Gatorback belt for over 3,000 miles with no problems. Alignment and installation are very important. Thanks again Dave,
:beer:
Scott

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Gates makes a pulley alignment tool which could help as well. It looks like a laser pointer attached to a "V". The V goes into a groove on one pulley and you point it at another pulley to make sure they are aligned. It is not a cheap tool, but you may find a shop with one. It is available at NAPA, part #NBH136 for around $200. If the companies that built these cars and L's saw this tool, they would all have one.

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
My buddy has an 03 and he put the 2.76 pulley, with in 2 week he tore up two belts. Does anyone know what could be the problem??

The belts he was using he recvieved w/ the pulley, is their any other belts you guys use? or could it just be the pulley?

Thanks for any help..

Joe

who is the manufacturer of this pulley?

Users who are viewing this thread