Pullied Cobra vert vs 5.0 vert

ramstein

Established Member
Went to get lunch with a friend, and on our way back we ran into a white 5.0 vert with funny Kentucky speedway stickers all over it. When I saw the old guy driving it, my excitement pretty much disappeared. We drove in heavy traffic with him right behind, not showing any enthusiasm for a while. All of sudden he decided to pass, I hear downshifting, loud aftermarket exhaust and here he goes! I dropped into second and let him hear eaton. I think he got interested after that lol. He continues to follow and I know that the guy leaves somewhere near me(in Mexico of course), so it means there will be an opening before we get to that area.
He did a couple more flybys, like a wild man. We finally got a clear road in front of us. I dropped in 3d at 65 and he jumped without a warning(do all old guys do that ? lol) I was ready for that so I punched it immediately after him, and reeled him in quickly . By the end of third he was a couple cars behind, and by the middle of 4th gear he was about 2 bus lengths behind, and we still kept pulling hard on him, until he let off. The rest of the way back he stayed behind.
I was surprised to kill a 5.0 so easily, considering I had a passenger. That was my first 5.0 kill:banana: I have only 2.76 upper and my vert weighs around 3700BTW

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Good run.

Wait for the 5.0 guys to call BS and come up with a reason why he lost.

Sent from my Massive Johnson

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Why would anyone call BS?

If OPs sig is accurate 463rwhp vs nearly stock ~375rwhp...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Why would anyone call BS?

If OPs sig is accurate 463rwhp vs nearly stock ~375rwhp...

For the simple fact that a Minor bolt-on 5.0 making a bit over 400 RWHP can pull an 03 Cobra making 450+ RWHP and put multiple car lengths on one. :shrug:

At least, that's what the 5.0 owners keep saying.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Looks like to me (after reading the other thread previously) that some cobra owners get butt hurt way to easy...

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
dude all you terminator guys do the same shit when a 03/04 cobra loses. :dw:

Haha is true , it goes both ways but everything started when the 5.0 guys started to talk crap when they first came out about 03-04s , like well " we make more power n/a etc etc ..we had to defend ourselves:) end of the day I Love both cars ..BTW more pics of your car pls
:rockon:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I don't own a cobra :shrug:

I just don't see a Bolt on 5.0 running deep 11's @ 120+ like a well driven pullied cobra will run.

Once the 5.0 came out, their new owners thought they were the fastest out there. It's sad an 8 year old car is still faster. Even thought I'd rather have a 5.0 than a terminator, that doesn't mean because I think the 5.0 is faster. Just preference.

Sent from my Massive Johnson

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Bolt on 5.0's run very good! My buddy has one making around 430rw and we are a very close race last time we ran. Im an upper only 460rw vert btw.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I don't own a cobra :shrug:

It's sad an 8 year old car is still faster.

Dude that statement is just stupid. The 5.0 Coyote did not supersede the 04 Cobra, the Shelby GT 500 did. If you can't recognize it is a great new car for the money then I am sorry.

ramstein

Established Member
Bolt on 5.0's run very good! My buddy has one making around 430rw and we are a very close race last time we ran. Im an upper only 460rw vert btw.

What kind of bolt ons does he have to make 430RW? Must be more than CB, CAI and a tune. I'd love to race a bolt on 5.0, to see how much basic bolt on will help 5.0 I believe it would still be a beating in a roll race. I have driven multiple 5.0 and they seem pretty quick off the line, maybe through 1st and 2nd, but when I put it in 3d and puched it, it seemed way underpowered compare to even the stock 01Z06 that I drove on the same day. I know 5.0 guys believe they can take out a stock 01 z06. It just not the impression I got driving the car, let alone 5.0 running close with a pullied Terminator.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread