Purpose-made Car Cover?

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Since the search function doesn't appear to be working for me, I'll just go ahead and ask. Does anyone know of a really good car cover specifically for the 2003-04 cobras? Links to where to purchase? Pictures?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are a number of suppliers. Big Sky is where I bought mine. California Cover is another. Do a search with Google for 'car cover' and you'll see a slew of them.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
California Cover doesn't list a single one for the '03-04...it just says, All except cobra R. That doesn't give me mental visions of a glovelike fit, personally. I will try this Big Sky place.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
I bought mine from autoanything.com Noah I believe...

I can't remember if it was specific for the cobra, but I can tell you that the fit is perfect. The only thing it did not have was a hole for the antenna so I removed it. Mirrors also were fitted with pocketes. Hopes this helps.

One thing about autoanything.com, it said it would only take 3-5 days... but it took a few weeks before I ever received it.

Matt M PA

Established Member
I bought my cover from my local auto parts store. All the car cover folks are selling covers by Covercraft.

Since my cover is to keep the Cobra from being snowed on, I wanted a good outside cover. I wound up with the one made with Nextec fabric. (There are tags on it) The car stays dry even with snow piled on it, and it is very lightweight. Fit is very good. The only problem I had was that if the car was backed up to the garage door, it would come off over the hood. Good thing I had it tied underneath. With the car parked nose toward the garage and the cover going between the rear bumper and pipes...it stays on. It's kind-of cool to see the pipes anyhow.

A word to the wise about this Nextec cover.....it is the most waterproof cover they make....but if there is wind...have someone help you put on or remove the cover. The cover is so light that it becomes a parachute!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Atomheart. i just got a California Car cover. It fits great! I bought the plushweave one. its VERY soft. Here are a few pics of it. I can take it off and put it on in about 2 mins.

Dave

cover1.JPG

cover2.JPG

cover3.JPG

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
wow...that looks fantastic. Looks like it fits perfect. I dont see a "plushweave" on their site, but I'd like to get one exactly like you have.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
If you go to www.calcarcover.com

Then click Custom car and Truck covers. It says find a cover. select Ford, Mustang Cobra option and 03/04. It will they show all the covers/materials they offer. Let me know if that works for you

Dave

FKing1

Established Member
AtomHeart,
Zip has good prices on all the popular brands. Recommend NOAH's, have 2 of them and they are excellent. Got my Vette NOAH cover from Zip for $129 and all other sites were $149.
Fred

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
heh that explains it. I just checked out the site you were looking at. i can see why you couldnt find it. The Noah ones look nice as well. Thats a good price for the NOAH cover. Calcarcover wants 199 for theirs

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by AtomHeart
California Cover doesn't list a single one for the '03-04...it just says, All except cobra R. That doesn't give me mental visions of a glovelike fit, personally. I will try this Big Sky place.
I don't believe these covers are made custom for each vehicle anyway. Case in point. I had a "custom" cover from Big Sky bought for my '94 Camaro. I sold the Camaro but kept the cover. I later buy my '03 Cobra. I need a cover and figure, what the heck, I'll try it out on my Cobra. Guess what? It fit as well on my Cobra as it did on my Camaro. And the antenna hole even lined up. Makes me wonder how many actual individual covers they make anyway. So I would say any cover for a late model Mustang will fit fine. It that doesn't work, order the '94 Camaro one. LOL!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Juiced46
Atomheart. i just got a California Car cover. It fits great! I bought the plushweave one. its VERY soft. Here are a few pics of it. I can take it off and put it on in about 2 mins.

Dave
That looks just like the one I have. I really like mine. Nice and soft! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread