Push Button Start?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Well I guess some of you guys may know that MRT makes a push button start kit for the 05+ Mustang which uses the push button from the Ford GT.

It can be seen here:
Push Button Start

So my question is does anyone have a clue if this mod would be possible with our terminators? What would it take to make this work? I think it'd be a nice subtle interior mod that would have some definite cool factor. I'd love to replace that ugly cigerette lighter with this!

keith89

Established Member
I put a push button start in my cobra. It was custom wired though. No standard plug and play solution. Its not hard. You just need a push button to feed 12v into the pink ignition wire under the dash. If you do a search there's a write-up somewhere. Its the same concept for the 05+ cars.

jrandy

Established Member
if you are going to go this route, buy the honda s2000 push start button. The same as the FGT one, but alot cheaper.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'd definitely like to have this in my car. anyone know of wiring diagrams to use the S2000 switch, and make it work in our cars?

keith89

Established Member
if you are going to go this route, buy the honda s2000 push start button. The same as the FGT one, but alot cheaper.

That's the one I used. I stripped the chrome paint off the start button bezel and painted it silver to match my interior better. I'll see if I can find a picture of where I put it.

white04mach

Established Member
I was also thinking about doing this to mine. Should be pretty straight forward just use the wire for the ignition for the 04 and later application and 12 volt. You can buy the kit from Ford if anyone has a employee discount.

Jefe

Established Member
Ford wants $214 for the GT push button start. Cost would be cheaper. How much is the S2000 one?

Jefe

Established Member
Thats not Tousleys price. Thats my buddy at Fords price. Said he could get it for cost but I dont expect it to be much under $175

jrandy

Established Member
my friend got one from honda for the s2000 i think for under $50, but just call to double check. I would get one, but there aren't any good mounting places in our cars for them.

Where do you guys all plan on mounting them?

keith89

Established Member
my friend got one from honda for the s2000 i think for under $50, but just call to double check. I would get one, but there aren't any good mounting places in our cars for them.

Where do you guys all plan on mounting them?

see my picture. I had a piece of carbon fiber machined to fit the mgw cup holder.

Users who are viewing this thread