Put Clear Bra on Hood Today

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
Well, I got the clear bra for the hood last night and today had perfect temps. So I washed the car, clay barred again and removed any wax from the hood. I did the process by myself and as short as I am, with short arms, I found myself in trouble pretty quick, once I peeled the film from the backing. It wrapped around itself like saran wrap and it took forever to separate it. Anyway, it took alot of patience, but it's on and it looks good. I don't know if I'm brave enough to try doing the bumper myself, but if I do, there will be another pair of hands!:bash: :cuss: :rolling:

CobraOne

Established Member
Clear Bra

Can you see the clear bra once it is on the car? I have been debating on the clear bra or a regular bra but my '04 Cobra is black and I am not sure how visible the clear bra will be

03DOHC

Established Member
Mine is still sitting in the box it came in. I should get around to installing it. One of these days. :) Did you get the 3m invinca shield?

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
Well, it's only visible up close. However, when you first put it on, there are a few cloudy spots that take time to dry out. 3M says the "dwell" time is two weeks. When it dries, I think only the edges will be visible close up. The hard part is getting the film to wrap around the lip of the hood.

BTW, I put a regular bra on my truck when it was new. It was a pain in the a$$, having to take it off when wet or when washing. It still scuffed the clear coat around the edges and if part of it comes loose on the highway and starts flapping, it can do some damage. I wouldn't have another one.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
I did it on my '01, it was impossible to get it to mold around some curves, so I just cut off part of the film off. Pretty happy with the result though.

bluntman

Established Member
where is the best place to buy one of these online? or is it super hard and should i think about a professional install?

any input from people that have them will help, thanks!

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I would be concerned about a "seam" or
fade line when it is removed. Anyone
checked into this?:shrug:

hwystr

Established Member
capnlpj - The cloudiness will clear up over time as it cures. I recommend the rear qtr panels as the next easiest and worthwhile. I ended up removing the top bumper piece, never seemed to fit right and had dirt underneath it.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I'd love to see some install pics and some close up pics of the finished product. Also, any links to sites with these products?

Living in S. Ga. the bugs are really thick and they show up on the front of a zinc yellow cobra like huge zits on the face of a pretty girl. I heard that if left on too long, the proteins in the bug guts will eat away the clear coat and leave stains. This has me petrified and I'd love to find a solution in case I skip the weekly car bath.

03torchvert

Established Member
ESQ

I am in FL and the love bugs :cuss: are the worst. In the summer if you do not get then off the car every 2-3 days they will leave white spote on the paint where they ate into the clear coat. The white spots will not come off.

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
I'm getting ready to do the rear quarter panels next. I'll try to take some pics. I ordered my from Rockblocker, I believe I found the vendor on this forum. I believe it was a little cheaper than the link above too. good people. I would recommend as others do here, to start with the rear quarter panels first to see how it goes before moving on to more difficult areas. Hey esqeddy, sounds like we're in the same area. Let's hook up sometime. Besides I wanna see the ghost flames. I've only seen one other Cobra in my area, but haven't the owner yet.

RockBlocker

Established Member
Let me see if I can answer some of the questions listed here.

The product once installed cannot be seen under normal conditions. Yes it you are two inches away from it then you will see it, but if you are standing five feet away from it you would be hard pressed to see unless the car and bra are dirty.

No matter how far away you are from a tradiitonal black bra you can see it. The product will not cause the paint to fade at all even after years of it being installed at all. There would be a line where it was but can be polished out and removed. Think of it like a sticker that has been on for a long time and when removed you can see that something was there, but not sure it was . The paint will return to normal.

People that want to see pics with the kits installed you can
click here

The kit from us is $35 cheaper at $238 than the Invinca-Shield kit along with being once piece bumper instead of four for a better cleaner look.

We have bulk material for behind the rear wheels at the best prices you will find. You can click here

Last but not least capnlbj if you need any help with install tips on the bumper call me anytime. 425-221-5352. The bumper is fairly intimidating, but rather easier when broken down.

If I missed a question let me know and I will help with anything I can.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
capnlbj, which bra did you have? Was it a Colgan? Please let me know as I am about to purchase one.

RockBlocker

Established Member
Rick,

The full kit which is the hood, fenders and bumper sells for $238 plus $150 for the install. Give a call if you want to schedule a time. We are in Redmond, but travel the Greater Seattle area for mobile service

davidmax

Established Member
I've used it at several occasions the cleartastic make and after 4 years on a Zainoed Vette holding up still loos likke the day I applied it.I dont sell it anymore people want leather Bras and genuine Ford and GM products,David Smilovic.

Users who are viewing this thread