Put down a deposit on next "GT500"?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well, I went and did it. Put down $500 deposit. Refundable only if the car is not produced. #1 in line at my dealership. Have printed and signed receipt that says: "1 Shelby GT500 at MSRP". FIngers crossed it gets announced at the NAIAS.
No naias, but soon. Fingers crossed you get msrp.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don’t think it will go that high. Last ford wants to do is price it like gm then offer 5k rebates. I’m thinking starts at 60+ the 75-80 full options.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
I don’t think it will go that high. Last ford wants to do is price it like gm then offer 5k rebates. I’m thinking starts at 60+ the 75-80 full options.
Yeah, I could see a base model going for that. If they make an R version with carbon rims and such, add another 5 to 7 on.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And then add in your ADM's,.......and you're at or above 100K.
Let's be frank here. I bet 90% of them will be sold at/with ADM.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't see any reason that Ford would price these below $70k, unless they have a base base base base base car, and then you can load it up significantly.

Raptors get a touch over $70k. F-150's get over $70k. Super Duties are in the $90ks. Expeditions are in the $80ks.

You can get a loaded Mustang GT Premium Convertible to $57k.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
And then add in your ADM's,.......and you're at or above 100K.
Let's be frank here. I bet 90% of them will be sold at/with ADM.
Tony, maybe we'll just have to have faith that ford will add a little incentive for their dealers to charge MSRP, like how dodge did the demon.
like I said man, I'm sure my dealer will set you up, just may be a little time.

honestly, I bet ford could just tack on 5k to the price and give the dealer that money. THEN we wouldn't feel like we were paying adm, we wouldn' t know any better.

in all honesty, I hope ford doesn't cut corners. it' cheaper for them to get the parts than us aftermarket. make it a beast so I don't need to add anything and I'll spend 90k on it. but also give options for a base model with performance upgrades left on the table that is on par with the comp.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tony, maybe we'll just have to have faith that ford will add a little incentive for their dealers to charge MSRP, like how dodge did the demon.
like I said man, I'm sure my dealer will set you up, just may be a little time.
honestly, I bet ford could just tack on 5k to the price and give the dealer that money. THEN we wouldn't feel like we were paying adm, we wouldn' t know any better.
in all honesty, I hope ford doesn't cut corners. it' cheaper for them to get the parts than us aftermarket. make it a beast so I don't need to add anything and I'll spend 90k on it. but also give options for a base model with performance upgrades left on the table that is on par with the comp.
Spot on Jim. Spot on.
I would appreciate it if your dealer could do a great deal for me. I would be trading in the Roush for it. (Not sure many dealerships would like that trade-off, but some may. The car is stupid clean and super low mileage.) If you can hook it up for me Jim, I would be so grateful. I would really appreciate that. You're a good/stand-up guy. On this forum and the other.
I just want to see what we're working with first. So, let's go Ford,..........let's see the beast! lol

conceptmachine

Established Member
I already talked to him about it, he said no problem. Only thing is, I didn’t mention your trade (you would need to work that out) and I’m not sure how many allocations they would get, but you would be up there. I’ll put you into contact with them right after we get the news.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I don't see any reason that Ford would price these below $70k, unless they have a base base base base base car, and then you can load it up significantly.

Raptors get a touch over $70k. F-150's get over $70k. Super Duties are in the $90ks. Expeditions are in the $80ks.

You can get a loaded Mustang GT Premium Convertible to $57k.
Your right, even my explorer sport MSRP was 52k. Didn’t pay that but that was MSRP. My Raptor was 67 k not even loaded. If this had the performance I’m expecting it should easily sell in the high 70s base to low 90s loaded.
Whatever it is, I’m sure ford will determine what it is ‘worth’ to the customer, even if they lose money on it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I already talked to him about it, he said no problem. Only thing is, I didn’t mention your trade (you would need to work that out) and I’m not sure how many allocations they would get, but you would be up there. I’ll put you into contact with them right after we get the news.
Thank you Jim.
I really appreciate it brother.

DepWraith

Established Member
I'm guessing a MSRP of around 72k. That said, if none to be bought at MSRP, a GT with upgrades (tt or blower, etc) is probably going to be better deal...I'll just do without the badging this time.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What about a button to automatically shift every thread into a pissing contentest?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I see these getting priced high. Economy is very strong, and Ford is in a prime position on this car. Pent up demand, lots of money in the markets, etc.

Most people’s 401k’s and retirement acounts basically doubled in the last 3-5 years. What’s a $80k toy when you have $500k on the side?

People were buying $50k toys when they had $300k on the side in 2008.

Inflation boys, cost of living goes up, not down. That said, $52k loaded mustang Gt coupe today runs circles around a loaded $50k 2008 gt500.

To depwraith, if you just want fast, buy a used turbo s550 for $35k, and sort the bugs. Honest advice, I might try to do the same because I’m not in a smart position to pick up a used gt350 (what I want) or even close to a new gt500.

Users who are viewing this thread