Put my Bob's separator on.

440sprint

Established Member
From the 2011 Ford Mustang Service Manual.

PCV Valve Overview:
The PCV system cycles crankcase gases back through the intake air system into the engine where they are burned. The PCV valve regulates the amount of ventilated air and blow-by gases to the intake manifold.

Currently, both heated and non-heated PCV systems are used. The heated systems use either a water heated valve, an electrically heated valve, or an electrically heated tube. Engine coolant flows around the water heated valve to prevent it from freezing. Electrically heated systems use a heating element enclosed in the PCV valve, PCV fitting or the PCV tube to prevent the valve or tube from freezing. The valve or the tube heater is controlled by the powertrain control module (PCM).

When the intake air temperature is less than 0C (32F) the PCM grounds the positive crankcase ventilation valve heater control (PCVHC) circuit and turns the heater on. When the intake air temperature exceeds 9C (48F) the heater is turned off. The PCV heater is also off when the engine is not running to prevent unnecessary battery drain. The heater is also off if the vehicle charging system is greater than 16 volts. This minimizes heater element overload.

Thanks, Snoopy! So our PCV is a one way valve with a PCM controlled heater.

I am looking forward to getting a service manual for my '13. I checked recently & it was not available yet. You must have needed an '11 manual in the past.

Has anyone out there been able to snag a '13 manual yet?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have the Black bob's unit with the standard and black anodized fittings along with the standard and upgraded hoses. I'm going to wait on the updated JLT and am wanting to sell it. I mounted the the unit to the standard grounding screw and then stopped the install. I'll take a bit of a loss selling it, but have decided to wait. PM me if interested. $160 shipped.

Yes that's both setups, standard and upgraded. Bob's and Revan both have great customer service and I'm not asking for a return for that reason and because I did mount the unit leaving a mark where the screw goes in. I did not mount any hoses, just the one screw.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Black bob's unit with the standard and black anodized fittings along with the standard and upgraded hoses. I'm going to wait on the updated JLT and am wanting to sell it. I mounted the the unit to the standard grounding screw and then stopped the install. I'll take a bit of a loss selling it, but have decided to wait. PM me if interested. $160 shipped.

Yes that's both setups, standard and upgraded. Bob's and Revan both have great customer service and I'm not asking for a return for that reason and because I did mount the unit leaving a mark where the screw goes in. I did not mount any hoses, just the one screw.

So you are selling the Bob's unit right? (I am a little slow)

So I am guessing you like the JLT unit more?

E

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So you are selling the Bob's unit right? (I am a little slow)

So I am guessing you like the JLT unit more?

E

Just a bit cramped in the bay, so the JLT location is more to my liking.

Yes, I''m selling the Bob's.

Users who are viewing this thread