Put my Bob's separator on.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Put my Bob's separator on tonight. I bought the strut tower mount but I did not like how it cluttered up the engine compartment. I did not want the firewall mount because I did not want to drill holes in the car. So I found a good place on the battery tray to mount a bracket I made. The tray has a perfect little bump-out on the side to mount the bracket. Only one little hole had to be drilled in the plastic tray.

IMAG1590_zps554e133f.jpg

IMAG1593_zps3936df00.jpg

IMAG1594_zps1b658f29.jpg

IMAG1597_zpscf9c5535.jpg

I can't get to the valve on the bottom with it installed so I will need to take out the one side bolt and unclip the tubes and drain it off the car. Not a big deal, takes less than 5 minutes a couple times a year. I may put a tube on and run it under the car with the valve on the bottom and empty it when I change the oil.

Also went with the brass fittings since they are much less bulky than the AN fittings. I'll paint the brass black in a day or two.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Best install location I've seen yet, black paint on brass will perfect it.
Anything special with the bracket?
-J

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Very clean. I at first thought it was on your firewall until I read the body. Very nice setup indeed the way you have it.

14 GT500
Established Member
Looks great, it looks like you have black plastic rings at the ends of the rubber hose? Just wondering how you connected the rubber hose to the PVC fittings.
Thanks

Snoopy49

Established Member
I can't get to the valve on the bottom with it installed so I will need to take out the one side bolt and unclip the tubes and drain it off the car. Not a big deal, takes less than 5 minutes a couple times a year. I may put a tube on and run it under the car with the valve on the bottom and empty it when I change the oil.

If you are planning on removing the screw on the separator to help drain the unit, I would replace the screw with a stud, nut and lock washer. This will reduce the risks of wearing out or pulling the threads in the aluminum housing.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Just FYI to all, have the heat shrink hose clamp just past the edge of the hose, gives it a cleaner look ;)

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
This is what I used. Just had to hit the end with some heat from a heat gun to soften the hose a bit.

a2yqu4up.jpg

If I'm not mistaken the snap on fittings that go to the valve cover and blower measures .61???ish. The heat and a drop of oil makes them fit nice.

qenebyza.jpg

mullens

Established Member
Don't 5/8" hoses come with the kit? I thought the purpose of the larger hose was to slow the oil vapors and aid collection.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Don't 5/8" hoses come with the kit? I thought the purpose of the larger hose was to slow the oil vapors and aid collection.
I got 5/8" hose with mine, but I have no idea whether the purpose of larger hose listed has anything to do with slowing oil vapors and/or aiding collection. :shrug:

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Can't comment for sure on what comes in the kit and the intended purpose for that size beyond fitment. I purchased the Russell fittings and hose from a local supplier so I could cut and route my lines to my liking, hence the remaining piece.

I am going to heat shrink the ends as indicated above as it definitely makes for a cleaner look.

mullens

Established Member
Can't comment for sure on what comes in the kit and the intended purpose for that size beyond fitment. I purchased the Russell fittings and hose from a local supplier so I could cut and route my lines to my liking, hence the remaining piece.

I am going to heat shrink the ends as indicated above as it definitely makes for a cleaner look.

The regular separator comes with 5/8" hoses. Not sure about the Ultimate. Bobs has made note of the fact that the larger hose slows down the airflow allowing greater collection. I agree your set up definitely looks cleaner/better than the regular hoses, I just noted the size is different.

Myfast70

Established Member
Clean install! I wish more thought was put into the design of the location. Yours looks less obtrusive being tucked away!

Users who are viewing this thread