Putting 5.0 badges on a GT/CS?

SicShelby09

Banned
So Im livid that Ford decided NOT to put the holes on the front quarter panels under the stupid GT/CS stickers to line up the badges. And I really dont want to eyeball it and ruin the badges. Anyone know a way to get those badges on there correctly like oem? I know a few companies sell a kit for the GT500 with a template that will allow you to get the shelby letters on the rear correctly. Can anyone help before I pull my GT/CS stickers off?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I just went to dealership and measured up from body line and back from fender edge. Marked with a pencil and stuck them on.

Fwiw, they couldn't put the holes, the vinyl woulda shrunk into the holes and looked like ass.

SicShelby09

Banned
I just went to dealership and measured up from body line and back from fender edge. Marked with a pencil and stuck them on.

Fwiw, they couldn't put the holes, the vinyl woulda shrunk into the holes and looked like ass.

I wish they would have left the stickers off all together. I'd rather have the badges. And I assume you can just snap off the posts from the OEM badges and stick them on>?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Yep. I cut the posts off with end cutters. Didn't even bother cleaning up the stubs cause the tape is thick enough.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
my car came with the stripe and they just pulled off. my friend being a retard!

img0752pp.jpg

acrbill

Established Member
ever give any thought to pulling off the part that says GT/CS and putting the badge there?

That may look interesting.

SicShelby09

Banned
ever give any thought to pulling off the part that says GT/CS and putting the badge there?

That may look interesting.

I would do that in a second, but the issue I am having is getting the badge in the correct spot, and not sideways. It would drive me more mad then just keeping the GT/CS sticker already does.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Sicshelby, is your car lowered? If so, what springs? Can you give me better pics showing where the wheels sit in the fenders?

I love my cs wheels but hate how they so tucked up under the car and hate that worse when lowered.

Kimcobra

Established Member
heck thats the reason I got the GT/CS no 5.0 on the side, But then again I like to be sneaky!!, I tell most camaro guys its a 2010 with a 4.6 in it, they can't believe they got pulled on by a 4.6..LOL its funny as hell..:beer:
and yes I am fully aware they didn't make a GT/CS in 2010 but the GM guys don't know that..LOL

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
heck thats the reason I got the GT/CS no 5.0 on the side, But then again I like to be sneaky!!, I tell most camaro guys its a 2010 with a 4.6 in it, they can't believe they got pulled on by a 4.6..LOL its funny as hell..:beer:
and yes I am fully aware they didn't make a GT/CS in 2010 but the GM guys don't know that..LOL

When the time comes for me to get one of these 2011-2012's, my first mod is going to be putting the 2010 GT badge on the fender for the very same reason :coolman:

SicShelby09

Banned
Sicshelby, is your car lowered? If so, what springs? Can you give me better pics showing where the wheels sit in the fenders?

I love my cs wheels but hate how they so tucked up under the car and hate that worse when lowered.

I have the K spring. And yeah the brembo wheels stick out much further than the CS wheels. They still dont quite line up with the fender, but way better than those skinny wheels that came with the car. I dont have anymore pics of it, but I could probably take some. I wanted to anyway, so I could put up a nice thread here about it.

SicShelby09

Banned
Not quite done. It was a lot more work than I thought to remove the glue.

Had just gotten back from Willow Springs and took this snapshot before putting her in the garage.

IMG_1832.jpg

Now that I see it, I'd rather just pull off the stripes all together. So they left behind a ton of glue??

NemeCes

Established Member
Now that I see it, I'd rather just pull off the stripes all together. So they left behind a ton of glue??

Yea it doesn't look good as is. The rest of it will be coming off as soon as I have some free time.

Make sure to use a heat gun to get the glue to stick to the sticker when it is pulled. My buddy and I went through it lightly with q tips and rubbing alcohol to get rid of the residue. Took us at least 30 mins to pull of both baby stickers on the fenders and get the excess glue off.

Users who are viewing this thread