Putting 5.0 badges on a GT/CS?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Get 3M adhesive remover. Makes easy work of getting the glue off. Me and my 10 year old had my stripes off (all of them, both sides) glue included in about an hour. Get em real warm in sun or with heat gun then use the 3m to remove glue. Easy as pie.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I have the K spring. And yeah the brembo wheels stick out much further than the CS wheels. They still dont quite line up with the fender, but way better than those skinny wheels that came with the car. I dont have anymore pics of it, but I could probably take some. I wanted to anyway, so I could put up a nice thread here about it.

Thanks man. I love the CS wheels but hate how far under they sit. May put the bolt on spacers, 1" in the back and like 1/2" in the front then put steeda sports on mine.

NemeCes

Established Member
Get 3M adhesive remover. Makes easy work of getting the glue off. Me and my 10 year old had my stripes off (all of them, both sides) glue included in about an hour. Get em real warm in sun or with heat gun then use the 3m to remove glue. Easy as pie.

Thanks! Will definately get some when I pull the rest off.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Ha, I LOVE not having 5.0 badges. I've caught so many people off guard. The best was a guy in a 3.7 V6.

drewzx3

Established Member
Not quite done. It was a lot more work than I thought to remove the glue.

Had just gotten back from Willow Springs and took this snapshot before putting her in the garage.

IMG_1832.jpg

Where did you get those emblems?

drewzx3

Established Member
I got some off of eBay that looked the same as the blue Oval industries and they are not a quality product at all. I was wondering of the blue oval industries didmt look very good close up.

SCMOKN

Established Member
I'm glad that there are no holes. The day I brought the car home the decals came off along with the side scoops. It looks so much cleaner without them.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Not quite done. It was a lot more work than I thought to remove the glue.

Had just gotten back from Willow Springs and took this snapshot before putting her in the garage.

IMG_1832.jpg

I actually like the way that looks, it's kind of the best of both words. I have been thinking of flat Boss stripes (without the lettering) with a cut out for the 5.0 badge and changing it to black.

Users who are viewing this thread