putting 87 octane instead of the normal 91 octane.

san-man

Established Member
O.K. guys I need your help, I myself have never mixed the two in my life. However, My wife was going to a friends house and says she had cruise control on her car (Audi A4). On the way there her check engine turns on and she decides to come home. All crying I check the code with my code reader and it says knock sensor. I thought that was a little odd. So, I ask my wife if she put anything other than premium (I know spelling). She says she put regular because it was cheaper and figured it would not hurt anything and now she is all crying.

My question is: Is it possible for the 87 octane not to hurt anything? Can I delute it with 92 octane and hope for the best? Or am I screwed here?

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Just tell her to drive it easy for a little while. I don't know anything about the Audis, but I am sure it will be fine to burn it as long as you don't drive it hard.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
if its in your truck stay the **** out of boost.
if its in her car tell her to keep her foot outta it.

and start filling up with premium as soon as you can

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Not as much as you think. A bottle of lucas into 5 gallons will raise 93 to 107. The Audi has maybe a 15 gallon tank so two botttles would be perfect.

that one id have to see.
everything ive seen thus far on the Lucas +3 octane booster or whatever they call it is only 3 octane numbers. so 87 would be 90.
93 to 107 is one big ****ing jump....

cah41

Established Member
All the suggestions above are fine.
Even if it was going to ruin it if you drove it, you're not screwed--just grab a hose and siphon out the gas, collect it, dump it. Better than ruining an engine.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
All the suggestions above are fine.
Even if it was going to ruin it if you drove it, you're not screwed--just grab a hose and siphon out the gas, collect it, dump it. Better than ruining an engine.

That is a good suggestion, but most newer cars have a screen to keep people from siphoning gas. I don't know about her Audi, but... it is an Audi. They aren't exactly known for being behind the times.

Users who are viewing this thread