Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

Nukem1040

Established Member
6f5bca27b0493f596f52fa94e617afad.jpg

This is normal here from Lake Effect snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJackson515

Established Member
I got the overly priced $1,200 environmental/paint protection plan for $600 for all my cuisines there. And for this very reason. Is it necessary I spend my money, time, and labor on clay lube when I paid for the protection?

No construction. I got it in early Nov. here in northern NY, everything started freezing and FEET of snow. It’s whatever is in the sand and salt they use up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this happen on my last truck. i took it back to the dealer, they gave me a loaner for a day, and took care of it no problem.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
What's the deal with warranty work? Do dealers get reimbursed at a lower rate than a cash paying customer?

Yes. Parts get billed out at cost +40% or cost plus a handling fee and the warranty labor rate tends to be lower plus the labor times are lower. Ford example at my dealer the labor rate for customer pay work is $140/hr while under warranty we are paid around $106/hr. Some parts you do better on, such as batteries, but most get billed for less than list price.

Some states require the manufacturers to reimburse at list or even cost +100%.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes. Parts get billed out at cost +40% or cost plus a handling fee and the warranty labor rate tends to be lower plus the labor times are lower. Ford example at my dealer the labor rate for customer pay work is $140/hr while under warranty we are paid around $106/hr. Some parts you do better on, such as batteries, but most get billed for less than list price.

Some states require the manufacturers to reimburse at list or even cost +100%.
I wish Missouri was a 100% reimbursement state haha

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I know I had to work double time when "selling" warranty. It added up just the same in my pay plan, but dammit when I changed that line to a W it would tank the tickets GP.

Still made a sound 80k. Did about a 100k a month in service by myself. And I was a rookie. I just got out earlier like a smart person so I didn't have heart failure at 35.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I called VW to find out if my lease is transferable. It is, but my name would still be on it. What's up with that bs?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I called VW to find out if my lease is transferable. It is, but my name would still be on it. What's up with that bs?

Ford does it differently.

But you can have a lawyer draw up paperwork for the new leasee to sign, releasing you from all liability.

noco5.0

Established Member
I currently own a 2016 A8 Hellcat with about 6500 miles. My car is in excellent shape. I would like to trade for a similar Hellcat but with a manual transmission. On another site a guy posted some auction info which shows the manuals going for 2-3k less than the autos. If I found a manual at a dealership do you think it would be appealing to a dealer to trade straight across assuming the cars are in similar shape with similar miles. I would think the auto would be easier for them to sell. I did look at one deal and their initial offer was a 5k difference between my auto and their manual, which I walked away from. I think there is a pretty good profit just trading straight across, but would like your opinion.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I currently own a 2016 A8 Hellcat with about 6500 miles. My car is in excellent shape. I would like to trade for a similar Hellcat but with a manual transmission. On another site a guy posted some auction info which shows the manuals going for 2-3k less than the autos. If I found a manual at a dealership do you think it would be appealing to a dealer to trade straight across assuming the cars are in similar shape with similar miles. I would think the auto would be easier for them to sell. I did look at one deal and their initial offer was a 5k difference between my auto and their manual, which I walked away from. I think there is a pretty good profit just trading straight across, but would like your opinion.

I don't want to step on my man 13Cobra's toes, but I will say I think its going to largely depend on the dealers familiarity with selling HC's. If they are a frequent item on their used lots and they know the market for them, it's possible. If it's a small dealer that doesn't move a ton of used HC's, then I doubt it. I know the Ford dealer I worked for pretty well, and they wouldn't of done something like that. However, they aren't frequent performance car sellers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

All depends on the dealer.

@13COBRA, can you order a Kuga for me?

Nope.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Call up a dealer in the UK then ask for courtesy delivery to Missouri.

Haha I wish it were that easy. I tried getting a Ranger from Mexico last year for a guy.

My buddy ended up going down there and picking one up from a dealer and bringing it back stateside.

Users who are viewing this thread