Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Had a tech lose my lugnut key after i said do not rotate the tires. I had just replaced one and wanted it left on the back.
Talked to the service manager and he took care of me. I don’t like messing with people’s money.

A tech pulling the same truck up at another dealership after getting an oil change had a service advisor come up to him and slam his fist onto my truck and jump his ass about something. Im standing there in disbelief and went and confronted this clown.
Long story short went to the GM and this guy was a problem child who was already on probation for being an idiot. To keep an innocent from losing money I didn’t do the survey

phillycobra99

Established Member
9 times out of 10 the manufacture doesn't give a shit about your bad survey. Chances are all you accomplished was taking money out of your advisor or salespersons paycheck, even if they had no fault in the matter. Best course of action is to deal with the matter head on and get it resolved rather than saying nothing and slamming the survey. If they don't make it right by all means take it out on the survey at that point.

I agree and I tried that route by speaking to the GM of the dealership, and all he did was agree to refund my $100 diagnosis fee.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
The survey thing was a good idea made terrible for the employees. They tried to tie my pay plan to the service CSI scores. They decided not to since all the "parts never ordered" complaints from customers were actually parts sitting on the special order shelf and the service writers throwing away the notifications that parts had arrived. Us in parts started calling customers and setting up appointments to have parts installed and service was pissed since that stopped them from selling useless wallet flushes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Surveys mean as much or more to dealerships as they do employees, regardless of the pay plan you signed.

Ford for instance has a training certification and survey algorithm that if you are in the 'green' they give you a substantial amount of inventory credit. Ford just started this program within the last few months.

So in short, a service advisor, salesman, etc...may lose out on $500 or so for poor surveys, but if one of those surveys keeps the dealership out of the overall green, it would cost them exponentially more than that.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
How much do you charge for labor in the service area?
Place I go to just bumped it to $150 a hour.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How much do you charge for labor in the service area?
Place I go to just bumped it to $150 a hour.

We charged $99.69 for years. We changed our internal rate (what we charge ourselves) to $109.69 about 3 years ago, and last summer moved our door rate to $109.69 as well.

A lot of the franchise stores around us are $109-139, and the independents are $75-110.

blownfox

Established Member
Thank you for all your help on this Forum!

I just found out our company is a ford partner and I can get a pin for employee pricing. Does this exclude ford racing vehicles (Raptor, RS, GT350)? I would think so. Can I special order a vehicle with the pin or does it have to be current stock? I'm currently thing about a new Raptor or platinum (leveled,wheels,tires).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you for all your help on this Forum!

I just found out our company is a ford partner and I can get a pin for employee pricing. Does this exclude ford racing vehicles (Raptor, RS, GT350)? I would think so. Can I special order a vehicle with the pin or does it have to be current stock? I'm currently thing about a new Raptor or platinum (leveled,wheels,tires).

That would be an X Plan Partners PIN.

No, Raptors, RS's, GT350s and the upcoming GT500 will not be eligible. You can order a Platinum F-150 though, just generate the PIN when it arrives at the dealership.

What part of Kansas do you live in?

blownfox

Established Member
I'm in Wichita but been buying from Louisburg Ford for years now. Where in Missouri are you? My understanding between MO and KS is in MO you cannot roll the sales tax into your loan.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm in Wichita but been buying from Louisburg Ford for years now. Where in Missouri are you? My understanding between MO and KS is in MO you cannot roll the sales tax into your loan.

False. We can do that as well.

Just let me know when you want to buy/order one, would love to help you out. I'm just north of Kansas City, probably about 40 minutes further than you are from Louisburg. I'm very good friends with Jason Gudenkauff at Louisburg. It's one of the few dealerships in the area that I would send a family member to.

In short, Lousiburg is a no hassle price store, they price right below X Plan, so you could save $50 or so. I price well below invoice so I could save you money on the price of the truck which in turn would save you money on taxes.

blownfox

Established Member
That’s awesome! It might be a couple of years, but I will reach out!

I didn't work with Jason but everyone seemed friendly when we showed up and the ford GT was nice to see.

Thank you

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That’s awesome! It might be a couple of years, but I will reach out!

I didn't work with Jason but everyone seemed friendly when we showed up and the ford GT was nice to see.

Thank you

The blue or yellow one?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
This is more of a comment than a question but maybe I've been living under a rock but I'm shocked by the price of new trucks these days. I'd say it has to stop at some point but I see F150 Lariat FX4's on the road every time I turnaround. I guess as long as there's financing available, pricing will continue to rise.

Dusten

Established Member
This is more of a comment than a question but maybe I've been living under a rock but I'm shocked by the price of new trucks these days. I'd say it has to stop at some point but I see F150 Lariat FX4's on the road every time I turnaround. I guess as long as there's financing available, pricing will continue to rise.
People want options. My wife wants leather, heated seats, nav, all the bells and whistles. I want to tow the car trailer. To me, the price is worth it for the utility the truck provides.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

No end in sight haha

A buddy of mine has a F450 Limited that had an MSRP of $94,XXX.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Do dealers typically price match on identical cars? I'm looking at a 2018 GT that is identical to one that is a couple of hours away and the price difference is $2500. Curious if they will match at a dealership in my city.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Do dealers typically price match on identical cars? I'm looking at a 2018 GT that is identical to one that is a couple of hours away and the price difference is $2500. Curious if they will match at a dealership in my city.
That would depend on the dealer and how badly they want to sell the car. I have dealt with a couple that would and a couple that were not interested. Only way to find out is call them and ask

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
On the stx trucks is the seats black like they are in the xlt sport?

JJackson515

Established Member
False. We can do that as well.

Just let me know when you want to buy/order one, would love to help you out. I'm just north of Kansas City, probably about 40 minutes further than you are from Louisburg. I'm very good friends with Jason Gudenkauff at Louisburg. It's one of the few dealerships in the area that I would send a family member to.

In short, Lousiburg is a no hassle price store, they price right below X Plan, so you could save $50 or so. I price well below invoice so I could save you money on the price of the truck which in turn would save you money on taxes.

I didnt know you were that close to where im at. Between my wife, mother in law and I, we buy multiple fords a year and usually go to Woodhouse. Ill have to give you a ring when im in the market this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread