Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
False. We can do that as well.

Just let me know when you want to buy/order one, would love to help you out. I'm just north of Kansas City, probably about 40 minutes further than you are from Louisburg. I'm very good friends with Jason Gudenkauff at Louisburg. It's one of the few dealerships in the area that I would send a family member to.

In short, Lousiburg is a no hassle price store, they price right below X Plan, so you could save $50 or so. I price well below invoice so I could save you money on the price of the truck which in turn would save you money on taxes.

I want to ask about the sales tax part. Last two cars I bought in MO, I didn't roll the taxes into the loan because I did not want to pay interest on it. It was my understanding I could have paid the sales tax in MO or just rolled it into my loan, but when I went to register my car I would have to pay the remaining sales tax since KS is higher than MO. So if blownfox bought a new truck from you, do you apply the KS sales tax to the loan, or only the MO sales tax and he has to pay the remaining out of pocket once he gets his tags?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I want to ask about the sales tax part. Last two cars I bought in MO, I didn't roll the taxes into the loan because I did not want to pay interest on it. It was my understanding I could have paid the sales tax in MO or just rolled it into my loan, but when I went to register my car I would have to pay the remaining sales tax since KS is higher than MO. So if blownfox bought a new truck from you, do you apply the KS sales tax to the loan, or only the MO sales tax and he has to pay the remaining out of pocket once he gets his tags?

We include the KS sales tax. You do pay interest on the tax, regardless of where you buy it as long as it's in the paperwork.

If you live in KS and purchase a truck from me, say your sales tax is $2,500. We include that in the balance of your loan as an overage, then we write a check for $2,500 made out to you and the KS DMV.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That would depend on the dealer and how badly they want to sell the car. I have dealt with a couple that would and a couple that were not interested. Only way to find out is call them and ask

Called the dealer...sales manager said they will match it! WooHoo!

blownfox

Established Member
We include the KS sales tax. You do pay interest on the tax, regardless of where you buy it as long as it's in the paperwork.

If you live in KS and purchase a truck from me, say your sales tax is $2,500. We include that in the balance of your loan as an overage, then we write a check for $2,500 made out to you and the KS DMV.

This is good to know and thank you for correcting me!

I believe I would have a couple of options and they would be dependent on the interest rate of the loan. If less than 2% I would roll the sales tax into the loan of the truck buy put 5 to 10K down. If higher, I would put a smaller down payment on the truck and use that for sales tax.

My truck is paid off but not sure it a dealer would want a 2010 Platinum F150 sitting on the lot. In a couple of years, it will be 10 years old with 125K miles. So, I would most likely get auction trade in value.

I would buy today from Nick but right now we are saving money for a down payment on a new/newer house in a good school district.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is good to know and thank you for correcting me!

I believe I would have a couple of options and they would be dependent on the interest rate of the loan. If less than 2% I would roll the sales tax into the loan of the truck buy put 5 to 10K down. If higher, I would put a smaller down payment on the truck and use that for sales tax.

My truck is paid off but not sure it a dealer would want a 2010 Platinum F150 sitting on the lot. In a couple of years, it will be 10 years old with 125K miles. So, I would most likely get auction trade in value.

I would buy today from Nick but right now we are saving money for a down payment on a new/newer house in a good school district.

Interest rates lower than 2% are becoming unheard of...and in a few months will be a thing of the past. (Unless special manufacturer rates)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why's that? My credit union offers them

Interest rates are going up. They've been trending upwards for about 10 months or so. You still see the occasional 1.79 or so, but a lot of the banks that were doing those are now closer to 2.19 or so.

_Snake_

Established Member
Agree with the rising interest rates. My credit union gave me 1.95% not too long ago, and the best I could do with them today is 2.5%.

Users who are viewing this thread