qa1 k member problems

03cobrafan

Established Member
just installed qa1 k member in my 03 cobra. after getting the car back on the ground i noticed that the alignment was way off. i am running the stock ford control arms, factory bilstein's, h&r lowering springs and maximum motorsports camber/caster plates. i knew that the alignment was going to be very off so I dropped it off to the alignment shop. I was told that they cannot fix the alignment because the car doesn't have enough toe, and he ran out of tie rod. I contacted lethal and qa1 and after being told I can run the factory control arms as long as they are trimmed down, qa1 told me that the setup doesn't work for everyone. they told me i need to run their control arms which push the wheels forward further and give the car more adjustment and also with these coil overs are needed. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Looks like I am going to be putting my factory k member back in because this just sounds like too big of a mess to continue dealing with.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I will have a definite answer for you shortly, I have been in contact with one of our bump steer manufacturers, they are going to assemble a kit on a rack and take some measurements.

99BlownVert

Established Member
I had the same issue with my car. The fix for this is to use fox body a arms. They are about an inch shorter than factory cobra a arms and it brings them in enough to make work. I had to use some 3/8s wheel spacers to get the front wheels out some but that was fine. Looks good now and lines up great with CC plates.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I had the same issue with my car. The fix for this is to use fox body a arms. They are about an inch shorter than factory cobra a arms and it brings them in enough to make work. I had to use some 3/8s wheel spacers to get the front wheels out some but that was fine. Looks good now and lines up great with CC plates.

This is a good idea as well, but it's not required to make the alignment right. However, I would do this so that the wheels are not sticking out past the fender.

Users who are viewing this thread