qhestion for all you guys..

SkylerSVT

Established Member
question for all you guys..HELP!!

well I have an 2004 cobra with a 2.5" mandrel bent straight pipe with no mufflers and im putting a k&n filtercharger on it and them im taking it to get it dyno....any clue what numbers I should see??(expect)?? :shrug:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Depends on your base numbers. Average RWHP is 365 but the range goes from 340 - 395. Assuming you're in that "average" group I would guess you'll see 390-400rwhp. If you're making closer to 380rwhp bone stock, you might then see more like 415rwhp with your mods. It would be great if you could get a set of baseline numbers before you start modding. I know it's an extra expense, but it's nice to know what your car made totally stock. Mine, by the way, made 363rwhp bone stock. With a catback, X-pipe and intake I made 387rwhp.

SkylerSVT

Established Member
well i hope if its not in the high 300's its in the low 400's cause anything under 399 is boring he he he

fr03cobra

Established Member
why not do a pulley and sct II before you dyno it? or you trying to get a base line???

whippleblown03

Established Member
ford would probably void you powertrain warrenty if an area rep had to look at it for a major repair! but i am sure you can find a stock cat back real easy!

jaybquick

Future Terminator *****
Established Member
whippleblown03 said:
ford would probably void you powertrain warrenty if an area rep had to look at it for a major repair! but i am sure you can find a stock cat back real easy!

We kept her stock cat back and stock shifter. No worries there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SkylerSVT said:
something that covers the cost if ur engine fails up to a certain mileage or year......smarty
Just curious. You seem to be concerned about your warrantee but you're running a straight pipe with no mufflers and, I assume, no cats. So you're already walking on thin ice as far as the warrantee goes. :shrug:

SpectorV

Established Member
also remember every dyno is different... so you cant just say I have exactly XXX rwhp and XXX rwtq expecially a mustang dyno vs a dynojet.

SkylerSVT

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Just curious. You seem to be concerned about your warrantee but you're running a straight pipe with no mufflers and, I assume, no cats. So you're already walking on thin ice as far as the warrantee goes. :shrug:

wrong..all cats are on it.

Users who are viewing this thread