• No

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Not enough information to to make an assumption

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kaz109

Established Member
My biggest issue ( any LEOs can answer this) why in these types of cases does it take so long for the Officer Body Cam footage to come out. This happened in 2022

MG0h3

Established Member
Up to the lawyers imagine.

Re qualified immunity, it’s not some get out of jail free card.

I know people being sued individually along with the GOV for in policy use of force. Been an ongoing case for years.

If you don’t carry private liability insurance, you’ll be bankrupt in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bro, cops ONLY have the information relayed to them by the DISPATCHER.... The report was there were TWO ppl in the vehicle and both were firing at cops.

That was obviously BAD information. It happens when u have a dynamic scene like this where ppl are shooting at cops down the hiway.

Im sure if the cops didnt have info on TWO shooters it would have gone differently. When ur being SHOT at ur adrenaline is HIGH and determining who is the bad guy vs the good guy isnt easy in an active shooter situation.

Watch the video THINKING there are TWO shooters in that vehicle. They didnt have all the info u have NOW. Its easy to say OMG how could he have shot her but thats ONLY because u know she is now a VICTIM not a SUSPECT!

speeddemon2000

Established Member
This is a bad example to call into question Qualified Imunity. Look up The Civil Rights Lawyer. John H. Bryan. He has some great examples and has sued on numerous occasions. To call into question Qualified Immunity officer misconduct must be extreme.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This will be a waste of thread. Lol. California style, spineless people will never understand…

You cannot have a police force without QI for the police force. It is a “necessary evil”.

The world is not all sunshines and rainbows, some times cops will do bad things, sometimes there will be errors. You still need the police force. A STRONG police force. If you dont have that, the country goes to shit.

We are already seeing the ramifications of this new generation (and brainwashed faggots) antipolice / ACAB mentality… just check out NY.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's too wild of a scenario to bring actions into questions. Had someone walked up to her and executed her then you have something, but a gun battle with crossfire is not the place to judge someone's actions and expect everything to be perfectly handled. You can't imagine what the state of mind is like for each person in that stressful of a situation.

kaz109

Established Member
I hear everything everybody is saying and I understand in the heat of a gun battle split decisions must be made, but that was not the case in the situation.

There was an amber alert and it also was acknowledged that in the vehicle there was a hostage situation, even if there was said to be multiple gunman. Furthermore in that moment, there absolutely Hass to be better. Communication and/or better plan of attack, knowing that there is a victim in this situation.

She clearly follow the instructions given to her by an officer, to just say oh well shit happens and the officer gets to go back home to his family with no repercussions because according to @ZYBORG all Leo’s should have qualified immunity while the actual victim is gone forever because of a situation that she had no control over .

I don’t feel like anybody should have absolute qualified immunity. We are all human at the end of the day and nobody knows the cops mine state they were in at that time everybody on this board and everybody life in general has taken aggression out on somebody or some thing that did not have anything to do with the person or object that is affected. To just completely absolve them of any mistake is the worst possible thing you can do.

They are held to a higher standard and that is why if you do anything to a Leo( eating something minor as much as a fist fight) you will get the book thrown at you ( and rightfully so ) so it Hass to go the other way, if an error of judgment is made. If a doctor is having an off day and give somebody the wrong dose and kills them they do not have qualified immunity, because they save lives on a regular basis.

The absolute biggest problem that I have is how long it takes body cam footage to come out, in situations like these transparency is crucial and the fact that it took a matter of 18 months for the footers to be released raises questions IMO

MG0h3

Established Member
I already answered your question about the body cam footage.

Do you not like my answer or why are you saying you don’t understand?

Go ahead and throw the questions out that you have as to why it wasn’t released.

I just watched the video and not sure who shot her. Was it the cops on his side of the vehicle? The cops on the other side?

There is little relationship between a Dr giving the wrong dose of medicine in a controlled environment vs a shooting like that.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
I hear everything everybody is saying and I understand in the heat of a gun battle split decisions must be made, but that was not the case in the situation.

There was an amber alert and it also was acknowledged that in the vehicle there was a hostage situation, even if there was said to be multiple gunman. Furthermore in that moment, there absolutely Hass to be better. Communication and/or better plan of attack, knowing that there is a victim in this situation.

She clearly follow the instructions given to her by an officer, to just say oh well shit happens and the officer gets to go back home to his family with no repercussions because according to @ZYBORG all Leo’s should have qualified immunity while the actual victim is gone forever because of a situation that she had no control over .

I don’t feel like anybody should have absolute qualified immunity. We are all human at the end of the day and nobody knows the cops mine state they were in at that time everybody on this board and everybody life in general has taken aggression out on somebody or some thing that did not have anything to do with the person or object that is affected. To just completely absolve them of any mistake is the worst possible thing you can do.

They are held to a higher standard and that is why if you do anything to a Leo( eating something minor as much as a fist fight) you will get the book thrown at you ( and rightfully so ) so it Hass to go the other way, if an error of judgment is made. If a doctor is having an off day and give somebody the wrong dose and kills them they do not have qualified immunity, because they save lives on a regular basis.

The absolute biggest problem that I have is how long it takes body cam footage to come out, in situations like these transparency is crucial and the fact that it took a matter of 18 months for the footers to be released raises questions IMO
Pretty long reply, must have a lot of time between charging that Cyber truck

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I understand the need for Qualified Immunity for LEO. In this instance I don’t believe it applies, the officer made a mistake and killed a child that was trying to comply with the commands given to her. The officer panicked and shot her regardless of her attempt to comply. How many times have we heard on this forum alone “Had he only complied, he would be alive today”? Did she have any sort or weapon? Not that I saw or heard about in the audio. Was she attacking the officer? It would be hard to consider her “attacking” when she was crawling on her belly. The officer’s experience and training level are unknown to us but if the officer is on the street with a weapon, we have to conclude that there has been the proper training and has been on the job long enough to be considered qualified to be out there. In my opinion The officer should be charged with manslaughter and let a jury decide.

Users who are viewing this thread