Quest for low 11's

97SVTStang

Established Member
No I just have your regular Weld Draglite rims 15 x 8, with a M/T ET Street 26 x 10.5 tire. Dead hooks at the track and slams second with out spinning the tires loose on the street. I didn't have money to get the front when I bought the rear. Thats all you really need any way but I am sure with a lighter rim and tire up front will low my ET's.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Peter
I thought shortened runners worked for
superchargers.

Pete.

They do but they are recommended for track duty NA Cobra's also. Just makes the daily driver aspect very hard being that the low end torque is diminished.

NoRcAl CoBrA

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
They do but they are recommended for track duty NA Cobra's also. Just makes the daily driver aspect very hard being that the low end torque is diminished.

yeah tell me about no torque at the bottom end i have imrc eliminators also i have lts though setting it up for turbo

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by NoRcAl CoBrA
yeah tell me about no torque at the bottom end i have imrc eliminators also i have lts though setting it up for turbo

You must launch at a pretty high RPM off the line.
I guess over 5000?

Pete

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
I have the stock ones on the car now. But, I have a set of 42's. But, I need to get a new MAF before I do that. So, I'm just trying to figure out what MAF to get. They are over priced from what I see. I do have a 255LPH intank and the T-Rex inline........

I guess I'm going to get a Pro M 80mm and put in the 42's.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Poiznus
I have the stock ones on the car now. But, I have a set of 42's. But, I need to get a new MAF before I do that. So, I'm just trying to figure out what MAF to get. They are over priced from what I see. I do have a 255LPH intank and the T-Rex inline........

I guess I'm going to get a Pro M 80mm and put in the 42's.

Poiznus-Man you must be really pushing those
injectors- your FMU is probably 8:1.
Pro-M is not cheap, but they are the best.

Pete.

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Haha. Yea, those injectors are WAY beyond their ability. My car is in the shop right now (trying to break 525 at the rear) so I have to get a new setup. I have not had it on the dyno since the numbers listed in my sig. The MAF is pretty much the only thing I have left to do. Well, I hope so anyway.........

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Poiznus
Haha. Yea, those injectors are WAY beyond their ability. My car is in the shop right now (trying to break 525 at the rear) so I have to get a new setup. I have not had it on the dyno since the numbers listed in my sig. The MAF is pretty much the only thing I have left to do. Well, I hope so anyway.........

You better make sure there running an A/F ratio test, you
don't want to go too lean even wih forged internals.

Pete

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by Peter
You better make sure there running an A/F ratio test, you
don't want to go too lean even wih forged internals.

Pete

You are very right about that. I have got to get a new chip and I plan on doing all that before I drive it to much.

Users who are viewing this thread