Question about 32v Marauder Motor ?

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Is the Marauder 32v Motor a direct fit inside the Engine Bay of the Mustang ? I heard that there will be issues with the timing cover but I see the Timing Cover is the same for the Mach 1 and Marauder, but the Aviator is a little different in size and the pulley set up? Maybe it's the aviator they where refering too, i just want to make sure..

Also will the motor bolt on to a Mustang After Market K-Member ? Such as BMR, UPR, etc ?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The main key issue is the intake.

Aviator = (very tall intake)passenger side throttle inlet

Marauder = drivers side throttle inlet(opposite from Mustang location)

Mach 1 = perfect match..... manual trans cars have Cobra forged steel cranks, auto cars have cast cranks as do the above examples.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
I plan on getting the 99/01 Cobra Intake, to take care of that issue, just want to make sure everything else will be fine ??

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
fastball19 said:
Is the Marauder 32v Motor a direct fit inside the Engine Bay of the Mustang ? I heard that there will be issues with the timing cover but I see the Timing Cover is the same for the Mach 1 and Marauder, but the Aviator is a little different in size and the pulley set up? Maybe it's the aviator they where refering too, i just want to make sure..

Also will the motor bolt on to a Mustang After Market K-Member ? Such as BMR, UPR, etc ?

MOVED!:wf: :wf:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Humm are long tubes possible ?? and if so ? will i have any issues with space? Same question for the shorty's ?

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
fastball19 said:

??

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
Yes the Marauder motor will fit in the engine bay of a Mustang. Ford used a 32V for the '99-01 Cobra's. As stated earlier or in your other 32V thread, the Marauders intake is on the drivers side and on the passenger side for the Stang. Since you say you're using the Cobra intake your in the the ball park of getting it running. Now for the accessories :dunno:

But YES the motor will fit.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
STLR FN said:
Yes the Marauder motor will fit in the engine bay of a Mustang. Ford used a 32V for the '99-01 Cobra's. As stated earlier or in your other 32V thread, the Marauders intake is on the drivers side and on the passenger side for the Stang. Since you say you're using the Cobra intake your in the the ball park of getting it running. Now for the accessories :dunno:

what do you mean as far as "accessories"

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
STLR FN said:
Pullies, tensioner, alternator, manifolds that stuff.

Pulleys i think would be the same and the tensioner as well i see no reason for that to change the timming cover is the same as the Mach 1 as far as the alternator i can see a change.. And the Manifold ??

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
??

STLR FAN told you the air intake is on the opposite side. If the air intake is on the opposite side, the intake manifolds are different. Do you plan on changing the induction path?

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
tallboy said:
??

STLR FAN told you the air intake is on the opposite side. If the air intake is on the opposite side, the intake manifolds are different. Do you plan on changing the induction path?

i want to go with a 99/01 cobra intake i just want to make sure it will fit ..

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
STLR FN said:

Did you not see this^^^^^^^????????

Grifter

Established Member
the lower intakes are the same IIRC, the hats are different. a cobra hat will bolt up to the marauder lower, i believe all the cobra/mach/marauder lowers are the same...

SergntMac

Established Member
Grifter said:
the lower intakes are the same IIRC, the hats are different. a cobra hat will bolt up to the marauder lower, i believe all the cobra/mach/marauder lowers are the same...
You are indeed correct, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread