Question about a salvaged 93'

WillyB93

Established Member
I found this car on copart. Looks easily repairable. But it has a FL certificate of destruction. Is there any way to register this to make it road worthy?

Who ever let this go needs to be kicked in the sack if it can't be put back on the road. This car is easily repairable.
http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/22553025?searchId=1141192265

I'm sure the someone will buy it and repair it, looks way to easy to fix. It just depends on you local laws, and steps through your BMV that you have to take to to make it road worthy again. It will retain a salvaged history if you search the VIN even if the state gives a clean title without stating rebuilt, or salvage.

nix5o

Established Member
I understand it will show salvage history on the title. But I'm just curious if it is possible to get it registered again? I did some research and couldn't find a black and white answer. I just hate to see a car like that go to the crusher.

nix5o

Established Member
The last I seen the bid it was almost 5k. I was playing on copart again today and its back up for auction. It has a buy it now of 10k. I guess I gave my 93 away last year if that's worth 10k....lol.

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Pretty sure you can re register it anywhere. What haunts you is the salvage title. If you plan on keeping it then it is just your problem. If you plan on fixing it and selling it then there are probably not that many people thT would be a buyer IMO

Zemedici

Established Member
Pretty sure you can re register it anywhere. What haunts you is the salvage title. If you plan on keeping it then it is just your problem. If you plan on fixing it and selling it then there are probably not that many people thT would be a buyer IMO

This. As long as it passes inspection it could get a salvage title iirc.

nix5o

Established Member
I would be more interested if it was a decent price. But not with the buy it now being 10k...lol

Users who are viewing this thread