Question about bassani x-pipe

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
Just picked up a bassani off road x-pipe from my friend came off his 03 mach1, by any chance does it fit a 98 cobra ?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
most likely not...I can't remember what my friends bassani X pipe looks like on his 03 but if it has the same bends as UPR/BBK then it won't work in your car. Our cars have a bigger tranny crossmember that will be in the way of the 99-04 x pipe.

F8L BYT

Established Member
No it wont fit, I tried swapping my bbk x on my friends 04 mach one and also on my friends 99 gt and it would fit either one of them, cross member gets in the way... You could buy mine haha but shipping would be expensive im sure

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
it should fit just fine...

No it won't, theres a reason why there are different part numbers for midpipes depending on the year. Hell, the 04s are different from the 99-03 only because of the location of the rear o2 sensors being about 12" further forward.

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
Thanks for responding, just wanted to get a second pinion, so I'm getting yes and no from different forums lol. Maybe I just order the correct one for the car, where is the cheapest place to order bassani x-pipe or which one would you guys recommend upr? Thanks

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I bought one from a member on here, said it came off his 96 cobra and fit... definitely didn't fit without some major modifications, got it to work though. It was hitting the crossmember so it probably was from a 99-04 one. :shrug:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
OP, why don't you go ahead and try to place it underneath the car and mock it up against your existing midpipe. Maybe bassani makes their x pipes to where they will bolton to either 96-98/99-04. But from experience I can tell you that a mac/bbk x pipe or prochamber from a 99-04 car will not fit a 96-98.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
^^^maybe that x pipe is for a 96-98 car...I put my old UPR x pipe on my friends 03 mach but his would not fit my car because of the tranny crossmember.

1989Gt.

Banned
Oh yeah i cut mine off. And used the headers and catback to hold up the xpipe. Thats true i didnt think about the tranny crossmember brace

1989Gt.

Banned
you need to quit posting about stuff you don't know. you are comparing apples and oranges.

Yeah and you should stop talking about things you dont know about.... Mine was off a 00 gt scub. And it fit just fine plus it doesnt take much to get them to fit anyways.

F8L BYT

Established Member
you need to quit posting about stuff you don't know. you are comparing apples and oranges.

Agreed :beer:

Yeah and you should stop talking about things you dont know about.... Mine was off a 00 gt scub. And it fit just fine plus it doesnt take much to get them to fit anyways.

It did not fit just fine so stop saying that, you had to cut it etc to make it fit and its not even held up properly, if you like to put shit on your car that doesnt fit right and "jerry rig" shit on your car then so be it but don't try to convince other people it is a good thing to do

1989Gt.

Banned
I didnt have to jerry rig nothing.... Thank you very much. I cut the bracket that mounts the the trans and stuck the hangers in attached it to the headers and to the catback. So how is any of that jerry rigged. Id sure like to know btw my car is custom application but let me guess that jerry rigged too right?

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
thanks for the help guys, so i decided to sale it and get the one for the car.

here's the pics of the 03 x pipe lol
1313119700.gif

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I didnt have to jerry rig nothing.... Thank you very much. I cut the bracket that mounts the the trans and stuck the hangers in attached it to the headers and to the catback. So how is any of that jerry rigged. Id sure like to know btw my car is custom application but let me guess that jerry rigged too right?

when someone asks "will this fit my car" they are not asking about shit they have to cut, or add shit to in order to make it fit. and yes, what you did is jerry rig it. Your first answer was misleading at best since it left out shit you had to do in order to make it fit. your second answer was still way off the mark and you continue to go down hill.

1989Gt.

Banned
Lol Ok kiddo. My bad im sorry i had to remove the tranny member brace. My car is jerry rigged.

Users who are viewing this thread