Question about cats for Bassani X

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Hey guys I bought a bassani o/r x and catback. Everything is fine with it, but its a little too load and tin can sounding for me lol, takes away the sweet sound of the KB. I need to buy cats for my current o/r x to try and quiet this down a little. I was told that I can indeed purchase them and they just bolt right in since the bassani exhaust setup comes in so many pieces. I looked online some and didn't see anything. Have any of you out there done this? Or is it something that bassani direct sells only?

Thanks.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
I see thanks for the tip and link. Bassani is all bolted up and holds up fine, bolted up cats shouldn't be any different.:rolling:

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
$149 each...ouch!! I too have a Bassani SS o/r x pipe and may head this route later on for smog purposes. I wonder if Magnaflow cats bolt up the same to our Bassani x pipe like Bassani cats.?? BTW, does Bassani cats pass ODB2 in CA.?

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
hah, no nate. It reminds me of how the m55's sounded. Its just plain annoying. I play it safe, I'm happy with it at 15#'s for now. I do have a BP up the road a mile that sells 110. So if I want a 2nd tune for 19-21#'s, I could do it. Did you find a KB yet?

Users who are viewing this thread