Question about (Dual Intake)

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Hey guys, how are you? I have a quick question about our Dual Intake System.... My question is. What RPM does, or should the Dual InTake kick in? Mine seems to be kicking in at about 5k, is that right? Im just curious... The reason I ask, is because I thought it kicked in at 6k... Sorry if it's a stupid question.. But im just wondering.

Thanx... Jason

Primaris

Established Member
It depends on what programming is in your ECU. My '03 came with the "RAL6" code and the DSI switched to the short runners at 6000 rpm. I had the dealer reflash the ECU with the "YRF0" code and it now switches to the short runners at 5000 rpm.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
With the reflash, or a tune it's around 5k. You should be able to feel the power diferance when it opens to the short runners. The early 03s were damn near 6k.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Thanx for all the replies guys, but which was better in your opinion??? 5K rpm, or 6Krpm??? Or is there NO differance... Well I quess, if your in Auto-Cross 5k would be better... And if Drag racing, it wouldnt matter...

HalfTime

Established Member
IT does matter for everything!!! And 5 K is best for everything except mpg. But such a small amount. Hell, mine changes at 4700 rpms.

spdkilz02

Established Member
is it supposed to be noticeable, bc i cant really tell when mine opens up. im not exactly sure how its supposed to feel when it does, does it give a little boost or something? i had a celica gt-s that had the vvtl-i motor and at 6K it had a boost of like 20 hp and that was noticeable.

Primaris

Established Member
I can't tell when it switches in my car and mine is working as of last week.

HalfTime

Established Member
Probally not by much stock, but when mine stuck open, I lost 2 tenths. Stock, I'm not sure, but I know for sure that with just a CAI and 65mm Throttle Body, I could feel mine switch.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
You will feel a little rush when they switch over but it should be pretty steady power.

If you want to find out what it's like without it just unplug the IMRC actuator and try driving the car. You lose a ton of low end power but it'll feel like a turbo kicking in when you hit 5000 or so since that's the intakes sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread