Question about "no contact order"

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Quick question. My soon to be Ex father-in-law (long story) has a no contact order with me (meaning he is not allowed within 300 feet or something, and cannot talk to me, call me or otherwise any communication. Recently he has been calling to my place of work and talking to the owners (who I've known for a while) telling them I'm a thief and generally trying to get me fired. Is there any recourse for this short of a lawyer? I hate to go through court again cause its really ridiculous, but some people just can't act like the adult they should.

The no contact order is from where He, his wife, 2 sons and 1 daughter (not my ex her sister) showed up at my house with baseball bats and kicked the door in, in an attempt to take my children. ( I had custody at the time and my ex had 4 hours of visitation twice a week at the time). The court made them pay for the door and let them do a deferment, and if they are "good" for 6 months it comes off their records.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He hasn't had contact with you, nor has he attempted contact with you. He can call your employer as long as your employer doesnt mind.

If what he is saying is patently untrue then you could go through your lawyer and file a defamation suit.

Or simply explain the situation to your employer and ask for his help and understanding. If your employer is willing, the next time this bozzo calls have them tell him to stop calling.

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
Thankfully I worked with one of the owners of the shop previously, but every time ive had a job he calls the owners/managers and tries to get me fired. I guess the lawyer is the only way to go

Users who are viewing this thread