Question about placing order not in allocation

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
Hello all, longtime reader, just registered. Question about whether to have dealer take an order. I have a very good deal in place at a small dealer in PA. Their allocation is taken and they called their dealer rep about placing a second. Rep told they are only getting one all year. They have offered to place my order anyway but cannot guarantee it will ever come. Should I roll the dice that Ford will pick up a sold order later on? I have the patience to wait and the deal is a good bit below MSRP so I don't feel continuing to look will pan out as good or better. Looking for advice from those in the know, thanks.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thats a tough one, it really depends on what other dealers take, or have ordered already.

I'd keep your order, but start searching for another one. Just in case.

NY Eleanor

Established Member
If it's small or no deposit and you can wait, then why not. If they got one for 2013 then they would certainly get another at worst for 2014, and you know those cars will be built.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
Ithought that these were not limited though? Meaning that if Ford had an order to fill it would eventually be pulled?

My deal is $2000 over invoice. Doubt I will find that again. Anyone know a place in the DE, PA, MD, VA, NJ, etc. area please let me know.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I feel like a broken record. They're not limited but smaller dealers may only get one, where larger dealers may only get 20.

Chances are your dealer may get a 2nd, but not til 2013.

speednutz

Established Member
Hello all, longtime reader, just registered. Question about whether to have dealer take an order. I have a very good deal in place at a small dealer in PA. Their allocation is taken and they called their dealer rep about placing a second. Rep told they are only getting one all year. They have offered to place my order anyway but cannot guarantee it will ever come. Should I roll the dice that Ford will pick up a sold order later on? I have the patience to wait and the deal is a good bit below MSRP so I don't feel continuing to look will pan out as good or better. Looking for advice from those in the know, thanks.

Same for me.......... Screwed the way it looks.
The only other thing your Dealer can do is try to cut a deal with another Dealer and have them order it and do some sort of a trade.
That's where I'm at and don't think it's gonna happen.:shrug:

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
I feel like a broken record. They're not limited but smaller dealers may only get one, where larger dealers may only get 20.

Chances are your dealer may get a 2nd, but not til 2013.
Thanks, I hadn't seen you post that before.
Same for me.......... Screwed the way it looks.
The only other thing your Dealer can do is try to cut a deal with another Dealer and have them order it and do some sort of a trade.
That's where I'm at and don't think it's gonna happen.:shrug:
yeah , guess I am SOL then. I don't see a dealer trading these cars to another. Hmmmm, not sure what to do now. Don't know if I feel like chasing this car all over God's green earth.

BrettR

Established Member
I know of a dealer in Louisiana that will do msrp not sure if they will go any lower but I don't think they have filled their allocation yet.

speedrx

Established Member
If you are not in a hurry, I would wait, there is no way Ford is not going to pick up a sold order once the initial allocations are built. That would not be good business, especially in this economy, I think they will take your money.

SSThunder

Established Member
They will build as many as people order I would think. Not a limited edition even though I saw an ad on autotrader for a 2012 that a dealer had that listed and charged $1,000 for it. Smaller dealer will probably have a smaller chance of getting a 2nd car but you never know. I would be looking for anohter dealership though unless you can wait.

speednutz

Established Member
Thanks, I hadn't seen you post that before.

yeah , guess I am SOL then. I don't see a dealer trading these cars to another. Hmmmm, not sure what to do now. Don't know if I feel like chasing this car all over God's green earth.

The only other option would be to wait til' the second batch gets built.
I live in a snow state and it's kinda pointless for me to get a new car in late summer/early fall.

Good luck n hope you can get one !

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. Been on vacation last week so keeping up with forums and searching has been tough. I will say this though, in the last 24hrs I have come to realize there are a lot of open allocations still available for the MD, DE, lower eastern PA, area. I only came across 2 who were asking markups.

I will keep you posted, and if I make a deal with someone who has multiple allocations open I will pass on the info.

EDIT: One big question; this is my first time factory ordering a Ford, what do I require/look for when placing the order/purchase to ensure there is an allocation they say they have, the order was placed, and it is entitled to me. I know when I recently ordered my 2012 Jeep SRT8 I received a Price Order confirmation sheet with an vehicle order number (VON) and my name on the build as a "sold unit". THANKS!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread