question about rough idle

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
here latley my car has been idling rough with the air off and when i turn the air on it idles smooth as silk.....just curious why this is....putting a load on the engine or something? wish it would idle like that with the air off......cleaned my MAF and ICV nothing seems to help :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't putting the air on increase the idle a bit? Where is it idling (speed) with the air off?

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Doesn't putting the air on increase the idle a bit? Where is it idling (speed) with the air off?
yeah now that i think about it......havent really paid any attention but sometimes it seems to be idling pretty damn low like its about to die low. Maybe when i get it tuned i can get it idled up alittle :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
well, that is some good news! I hope your issue is now gone forever. :)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
It's IAC...Idle Air Control....and good job getting handled. Theoretically, those should never get dirty like that...but in truth often do.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
It's IAC...Idle Air Control....and good job getting handled. Theoretically, those should never get dirty like that...but in truth often do.
Yup and I also have found once I clean one it works for a while and then acts up again...

Users who are viewing this thread