Question about weapons in a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Common

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I was referencing Florida, as that is where is the CCW poster is located. The age in Florida is 18.

I was joking, since that was the only thing that was partially wrong in your entire Looooong post.:-D

dogmush

Established Member
Holy Crap!! I didn't mean to start all of this!! Thanks for the answers to my question, folks. As a little bit of clarification:

I only occasionally leave it in my car at home, and you're right that's pure lazyness on my part, and I shouldn't. In my defense a little, it is a gated community with a guard out front, so we don't get much walk-by theft. So to get it from there you'd have to get past the guard, through the gate, open the car that's 12 feet from my window (without waking my shepherd up) and do it all on the one random night every 6 mos. or so that I didn't take it inside. The chances of this aren't all that great.

The only other time a firearm is in my car unsupervised is in a controlled parking lot at work, theft isin't really an issue. This post stemmed from a joke made by a co-worker that he wanted to steal my car from work. (because it's fast, I don't tell anyone but the boss about the gun) and I relized I didn't know the law, so I tried to learn it. To actually steal the car you'd have to show an company ID to the gaurd allowing you acess to the lot, defeat the alarm and PATS on the car, and get out past the gaurd that knows my car and me personally. Chances aren't good here either.

All other times it comes with me when I leave the car.

I've looked into the car lockboxes, but none of them offer a good degree of both acessability to me, and security from others. I'm working on making my own, but it's not done yet.

Adam, as to why, well, I'm slightly paranoid anyway, but since I've moved to Tampa I've been present at 1 gas station robbery (customer in the back) and one attempted mugging (he decided to leave when he found out I was armed). Throw on top of that the possability of random carjacking, another robbery, home invasion, and/or gator in the local ponds at the dog park and I feel better having one on me. So I guess I fall into the negitive experiance catagory. Like the man said, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean nobodies out to get you.

And I have to agree, I would like to see a lot more training needed to carry a weapon in public. Both for Civilians and LEO's. Florida's CCW class is a joke, and I would like to see some kind of on going qualification needed as well, but that inn't really the subject of this post, nor is my training with firearms.

All that aside, I want to make sure I carry legally, and safely. Hence the question. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Secesh

Established Member
Originally Posted by FordSVTFan
Indeed, untrained people carrying a firearm are a danger to the public.
Agreed. Here in NH there are 40, sometimes 50 people killed every day by crazed CCW holders trying to show off.

What is required in this state is a background check. For some reason people here are trusted until proven to be otherwise. But we don't have seat belt laws either so what do people here know. I don't believe I have read about anyone being illegally shot by a CCW holder in this state. It must be a conspiracy by the media to cover them all up.

Originally Posted by FordSVTFan
No not at all. I would prefer those who decide to carry a concealed weapon, do so lawfully and being fully trained to do such.
If they don't have a permit (in most states), then they are doing so against the law, which is where enforcement is supposed to come in.

dogmush

Established Member
Secesh said:
Agreed. Here in NH there are 40, sometimes 50 people killed every day by crazed CCW holders trying to show off.

What is required in this state is a background check. For some reason people here are trusted until proven to be otherwise. But we don't have seat belt laws either so what do people here know. I don't believe I have read about anyone being illegally shot by a CCW holder in this state. It must be a conspiracy by the media to cover them all up.

:dw: :??: :dw:

Please tell me that the above is sarcasim that I'm not getting. If you're serious, I really don't know what to say.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Secesh said:
Agreed. Here in NH there are 40, sometimes 50 people killed every day by crazed CCW holders trying to show off .

I challenge you to show proof of that. I live in pa and all the gun crime on the news everynight is from non law abiding citizens with illegal guns. In order to get a permit, you have to prove that you are sane and have never commited a felony. Sure there are foolish ones that go around showing off there peice but they dont go around killing. 50 people killed a day by holders? BS! I dont think 50 people kill in all of usa in 1 year that are permit holders.

Secesh

Established Member
dogmush said:
:dw: :??: :dw:

Please tell me that the above is sarcasim that I'm not getting. If you're serious, I really don't know what to say.

Which part? The first sentence? Yes, I thought it would be fairly obvious.

Secesh

Established Member
03silversvt said:
I challenge you to show proof of that. I live in pa and all the gun crime on the news everynight is from non law abiding citizens with illegal guns. In order to get a permit, you have to prove that you are sane and have never commited a felony. Sure there are foolish ones that go around showing off there peice but they dont go around killing. 50 people killed a day by holders? BS! I dont think 50 people kill in all of usa in 1 year that are permit holders.

Jesus, you need a lesson in sarcasm. 50 people a day would be over 18k a year. You'd probably hear about that.

dogmush

Established Member
Secesh said:
Which part? The first sentence? Yes, I thought it would be fairly obvious.

My faith in humanity is restored, I read that thinking "I've read some CRAZY stuff on SVTP, but if he means that, it takes the cake.

'preciate the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread