Question about why I was stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
First off I said it creates reasonable suspicion for an investigatory stop when there is suspicion that the tint visible is not legal. It does not create P.C. that a crime was committed. But it serves as the basis to investigate further.

-You usually have solid opinions and soild rebuttals but pulling someone over FOR ONLY legal rear window tint is NOT a logical inference.

Please read it again. It creates a logical inference when there is suspected illegal rear window tint.

jshen

Established Member
I guess it's more my opinion than anything. But you say that if the tint appears to be illegal it's reason for an investigatory stop. That's my point...there is no limit on rear window tint, therefore it can't be illegal so you can't stop for it. Perhaps it's different where you live. Agreed that if the tint looks illegal you can stop for it.

As for the rest, it's not only my experience, it's pretty common throughout law enforcement. Your time is accounted for when you are humping calls. Every agency has down time and slow days. These are the times I am referring to.

BTW, my opinions have nothing to do with being a car enthusiast.

Replied to your PM also.

I don't know where in GA you were an LEO but I can tell you from both GA POST and PAC that officer's "stats" have nothing to do with writing tickets. Ticket writing is secondary unless you are in the HEAT units- then problem area traffic safety is their priority. Please PM as to where you were so that I can alert POST to commence an investigation into that PD- if that is what was occuring.

You will find in GA law a prohibition on writing citations and being financially rewarded. See OCGA 40-14-1 et seq

Last edited:

wrb752

Established Member
I don't know where in GA you were an LEO but I can tell you from both GA POST and PAC that officer's "stats" have nothing to do with writing tickets. Ticket writing is secondary unless you are in the HEAT units- then problem area traffic safety is their priority. Please PM as to where you were so that I can alert POST to commence an investigation into that PD- if that is what was occuring.

You will find in GA law a prohibition on writing citations and being financially rewarded. See OCGA 40-14-1 et seq

What are you talking about? Where did I say anything about financial rewards or POST for that matter? If you don't think agencies keep records of officer activity including traffic stops, I don't know what to say. Since you mentioned HEAT let me ask you a question. How do you think an agency goes about selecting an officer to participate in HEAT. Do you think it's the guy who doesn't write tickets?

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Please read it again. It creates a logical inference when there is suspected illegal rear window tint.

I thought OP or someone else said that a rear window can be a dark as desired? If that is the case then obviously no logical inference due to NO illegal rear window tint..

But if there is a LEGAL limit on rear window tinting then I see your point.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I thought OP or someone else said that a rear window can be a dark as desired? If that is the case then obviously no logical inference due to NO illegal rear window tint..

But if there is a LEGAL limit on rear window tinting then I see your point.

If there is tint on the rear window that is illegal that is P.C. for the stop and thus no reason to consider the other windows. However, if there is tint on the rear window that is of a degree that would be illegal if on the side window that is cause for an investigatory stop to check the other windows.

jshen

Established Member
removed by jshen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread