Question about why I was stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb712

Established Member
Based on training, education, and experience where there is rear window tint there are other windows tinted. In court it is called a logical inference.

Thank you. I didn't realize that was possible.

FastEddie09

Established Member
Based on training, education, and experience where there is rear window tint there are other windows tinted. In court it is called a logical inference.

Thats funny because at the time the front windows were not tinted. (they are now)

That is complete BS.

This is like saying because the cars speedometer goes to 120 I can assume he will or has speed since there is no place 120 is legal speed in the US.

Also MANY vehicles come with factory tint on back window not the front. So you are saying you have a valid reason to assume I have tinted the fronts is BS.

When i see a badge I dont assume you have a small penis. You may be in that 3% margin of LEO's that dont. You just cant assume.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Thats funny because at the time the front windows were not tinted. (they are now)

That is complete BS.

This is like saying because the cars speedometer goes to 120 I can assume he will or has speed since there is no place 120 is legal speed in the US.

Also MANY vehicles come with factory tint on back window not the front. So you are saying you have a valid reason to assume I have tinted the fronts is BS.

When i see a badge I dont assume you have a small penis. You may be in that 3% margin of LEO's that dont. You just cant assume.

Now see; you couldn't just debate the subject as an adult. You had to tip your hand and show just how much you despise LEO's in general, which makes it very difficult to make any headway with you.

I could generalize and infer that since you brought up the matter of LEO penis size it must be something you feel very strongly about. :shrug: And further; since you have personal knowledge regarding the size of the average LEO penis, you must either be peeking in the men's room or................:idea: :idea: :idea::loser: Oh My!!!!!! Remember; if you do it just one time, you will be labeled for life!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

SORRY! But hey; he left himself wide open.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
If you have illegal tinting on your front windows and have them rolled down all the time put in a "spoiler switch"

A small switch hidden under the dash that shuts off the control signal to the window motor relays.

Then when asked to roll up the windows for "examination" you can state that they don't work. And you will not be lying! They don't work at this time. The officer who will find this improbable will have you exit your vehicle and try to roll up the windows himself. Upon finding the switches dead you will be advised to "get them repaired". Then you will finally get your ticket for 85 in a 55 and be on your way.:lol1:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

That is complete BS.

I wont even waste my time explaining anything to you as I have seen your posts and noted your disdain for L.E. You simply aren't equipped to understand the legal implications. A logical inference is not an assumption.

That aside it is logical inference that you know the penis size of 97% of L.E.O.s because you have personally interacted with them.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
There would be no ticket if the law wasn't broken.

well, that's true, but considering that in the United States, if you were to print out all the new laws that make the books every year, it would fill two box cars full of paper.. I'm sure that were ALL breaking the laws some how.. this IMHO should be a "fixit ticket" but since the city/town/municipality is probably trying to get more money to spend sounds like it's a regular pay the tax ticket..

should be a "law" on the books that any money for tickets goes to the state or other large institution so that towns can't make up for their stupidity/excess spending by issuing tickets..

FordSVTFan

Established Member
well, that's true, but considering that in the United States, if you were to print out all the new laws that make the books every year, it would fill two box cars full of paper.

Please explain this statement. As one who deals with both Federal and State law on a daily basis there are very few new traffic laws that go into effect yearly and even less criminal laws. While some may be amended that is usually for specific language following a U.S.S.C. or State S.Ct. case.

20psirabbit

Established Member
fiveohpoepoe, i don't dislike all cops, just rude cops that talk down to people. i feel that most forget that we pay their paychecks at the end of the day, yet some feel the need to carry a chip on their shoulder all the time. i know cool cops, and i respect the job they do. but if i was a cop i wouldn't talk down to people and be rude just because i have a badge.

SpdPilot

Established Member
well, that's true, but considering that in the United States, if you were to print out all the new laws that make the books every year, it would fill two box cars full of paper.. I'm sure that were ALL breaking the laws some how.. this IMHO should be a "fixit ticket" but since the city/town/municipality is probably trying to get more money to spend sounds like it's a regular pay the tax ticket..

should be a "law" on the books that any money for tickets goes to the state or other large institution so that towns can't make up for their stupidity/excess spending by issuing tickets..

I couldn't agree more. I was always tought, if you really want to get to the bottom of why something is happening that defies common sense, money is most likely the motivator. Follow the money trail and it will soon make sense.

We have here in my city "Traffic Officiers". They do nothing but write tickets. They generate huge amounts of revenue for the city. In fact, although they get involved with other police activities if needed, the mandate given to other regular officiers is to take over asap and get them back out on the streets writing tickets. They do not take suspects in for detention, they do not stay on location to investigate complaints. If a traffic stop gets to time consuming, another LEO will come to take over. I understand the need to keep the roads safe, but to not actively look for suspicious activity that they could easily see and potentially prevent escalation, really concerns me.

Our city is in a budget crisis, they are considering cutting police jobs. Which LEO's do think they are choosing to be most important? I don't think I need to give the answer.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
fiveohpoepoe, i don't dislike all cops, just rude cops that talk down to people. i feel that most forget that we pay their paychecks at the end of the day, yet some feel the need to carry a chip on their shoulder all the time. i know cool cops, and i respect the job they do. but if i was a cop i wouldn't talk down to people and be rude just because i have a badge.

I understand what you are saying.You like most,label leo under one category.The category of all carry a chip on their shoulder.Id like to believe most dont.But try from this assumption,if someone dislikes leo automatically and gets stopped or has interaction with leo,they will not be happy no matter what the outcome.People say things ALL the time when a police car is seen simply driving by.For what?To put leo down,to make themselves feel better or look better in front of their peers?Example,If I stop your bud because of speeding and he/she is having a bad day...I issue a ticket and thats it.Then they have a bad interaction because they broke the law and were cited for it.Then they tell you I was an ass and they didnt deserve it.So now you have the mindset Im an ass.Fair?No.LEO will always carry the nick names and 99% of the time the good things that are done or positive interactions that occur[95% of the time] never are mentioned.Only the negative and what was done wrong.This is a job,but not just go to work and come home.When did you make your last mistake?Was in published in the paper/tv?Did you get reemed by your supervisor,then the atty?Those that dislike LEO will never get it and those that do have a basic understanding.The bashing will never stop.
Bottom line,we are human just as everyone else.We are not perfect but are expected to be.We are told to do things we do not always agree with.We have families,we have friends and alot of us have a passion for cars[Mustangs]Id like to think most of the time I do not act cocky or come off as Im better than anyone else.But if that other person is pissed and try to argue the right or wrong,it will of course change my attitude.
Im not hammering you 20psi and if you met me or most leo in person[hung out etc] you might have a different perception:beer:

FastEddie09

Established Member
If you have illegal tinting on your front windows and have them rolled down all the time put in a "spoiler switch"

Yeah I think this is the route I'm going to take. I'm thinking the windows wont go up unless you hold down the "cruise control off" button or something like that. Problem solved.

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
Not trying to steal anyones thread here but I had a similar situation (without the ticket)....with the whole tint issue. The wifey and I were driving up to the city (KC) in her car a while back and as we are going thru the great city of Lone Jack in MO I look in the rear view mirror and guess what I am getting pulled over:dw:. I wasn't speeding or doing anything stupid. So I pull over and the the Officer quickly gets out of his car and ask for all my info....as I handed him everything.....not knowing why I was being pulled over...I was like "excuse me officer was I doing something wrong?" and he tells me roll your window up half way!! and puts the tint meter on my window. Well here in MO 35% is the limit for the front windows right? The windows are tinted at 30 percent reason being my wife has Macular degeneration so she can legally have her windows tinted darker then 35% but no lower then 15%.....and she has the paper work allowing her to do this. Well we show the officer this and he's says "Fine just don't let me see you driving her car again......cause this don't apply to you! You understand?!?" "I see you again in this car I will pull you over!.....We clear?" I thought WTF??:nonono: but I said yup, switched seats with her and we went on our way. Now tell me is that right? I asked my local PD about that and they said it don't matter if I drive the car or not.

wrb752

Established Member
It creates Reasonable Suspicion for a stop to investigate whether the other windows are tinted illegally.

Wow...I have to disagree with that one. How does a legally tinted window create R.S. that a crime is being committed?

I never wonder why people don't like cops. It's because the average Joe on his way home from work gets a ticket for something like window tint. Guy made a hundred bucks at work today and the state is going to take 50 of it. Also the argument about officer safety is BS. Tell the driver to roll the window down if you don't like the tint.

These BS tickets are written for one reason and it has nothing to do with safety or anything else. For the average patrol officer it's simple....stats. Just like any other job, supervision has to track what employees do. For LEO's one of the methods is to keep track of calls, traffic stops, etc. Which officer looks better, the one who comes in with 100 tickets a month, or the one who comes in with twelve. Now the 12 ticket guy may have prevented 5 burglaries while the other guy was out writing a ticket for 65 in a 60 but there is no way to track that. Therefore, the supervisor goes to the 12 ticket guy and says, look what the other guy is doing, why aren't you doing that? Next thing you know, 12 ticket guy is pulling over a guy who has a wife with a medical condition that requires her to have tint.

In turn now the supervisor goes to administration and says, look at all the stuff my guys are doing. The administration goes to the other supervisors and says look what all his guys are doing, why don't your guys do that. So in turn the average Joe starts getting tickets for BS. It's all a cycle really.

So for those of you who don't understand why you get BS tickets...that's the reason. Don't get me wrong, I worked traffic for 3 years and wrote 1500 tickets a year. THere is a need for traffic enforcement and some people deserve tickets. But that is truly the reason why the average citizen gets the ticket. The "officer is doing his job" argument is right on. The problem is what the job has become.

gibs93

Established Member
GTFlow, look at your paperwork that states you wife can have darker than legal tint and I believe it should state somewhere that immediate family and those living at that residence can legally drive that vehicle.

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
GTFlow, look at your paperwork that states you wife can have darker than legal tint and I believe it should state somewhere that immediate family and those living at that residence can legally drive that vehicle.

Thanks bro! I never even thought of reading it......stupid on my part:shrug:. But yeah you are right it states I am able to drive the car. Its anyone (meaning my wife and I) that own and operate (kids if of legal age to drive) the vehicle. It only allows for that particular vehicle to be legally tinted darker for medical reasons. I'm guessing when we register our cars she has to present her paper work from the doctors and the state allowing her to have darker tint?? I don't know how it works.......I'll have to ask her.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Wow...I have to disagree with that one. How does a legally tinted window create R.S. that a crime is being committed?

First off I said it creates reasonable suspicion for an investigatory stop when there is suspicion that the tint visible is not legal. It does not create P.C. that a crime was committed. But it serves as the basis to investigate further. If you have some legal basis for your "opinion" please state it. If it is just your opinion and that you simply dont agree then have it but you would not prevail in court.

I never wonder why people don't like cops. It's because the average Joe on his way home from work gets a ticket for something like window tint. Guy made a hundred bucks at work today and the state is going to take 50 of it. Also the argument about officer safety is BS. Tell the driver to roll the window down if you don't like the tint.

It does not cease to amaze me how much tunnel vision car enthusiasts have in relation to police and writing tickets. The vast majority of police officers arent tasked with writing tickets. However, it is the Police Officer's job to enforce the law as written by your elected officials. Police, like any other employee does what their employer requires. But, most people who into performance cars deem the police the enemy to their fun and well deserved tickets are never deserved. It is much like the pot smoker who tells the police to go after real criminals and not them.

These BS tickets are written for one reason and it has nothing to do with safety or anything else. For the average patrol officer it's simple....stats. Just like any other job, supervision has to track what employees do. For LEO's one of the methods is to keep track of calls, traffic stops, etc. Which officer looks better, the one who comes in with 100 tickets a month, or the one who comes in with twelve. Now the 12 ticket guy may have prevented 5 burglaries while the other guy was out writing a ticket for 65 in a 60 but there is no way to track that. Therefore, the supervisor goes to the 12 ticket guy and says, look what the other guy is doing, why aren't you doing that? Next thing you know, 12 ticket guy is pulling over a guy who has a wife with a medical condition that requires her to have tint.

That may be your experience as a L.E.O., but it is not mine. While it is true that you must account for your time with your supervisor, if you are humping calls and writing reports to support your time, you wont be tasked to traffic. It just doesnt happen.

wrb752

Established Member
I guess it's more my opinion than anything. But you say that if the tint appears to be illegal it's reason for an investigatory stop. That's my point...there is no limit on rear window tint, therefore it can't be illegal so you can't stop for it. Perhaps it's different where you live. Agreed that if the tint looks illegal you can stop for it.

As for the rest, it's not only my experience, it's pretty common throughout law enforcement. Your time is accounted for when you are humping calls. Every agency has down time and slow days. These are the times I am referring to.

BTW, my opinions have nothing to do with being a car enthusiast.

Replied to your PM also.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
-Thanks for comparing car enthusiasts to pot smokers. You usually have solid opinions and soild rebuttals but pulling someone over FOR ONLY legal rear window tint is NOT a logical inference. Once he was pulled over for no front plate then I agree he gets what he deserves. If I place a chrome exhaust tip(which is legal I thinK), then by logical inference I can be stopped and checked for illegal exhaust modifications?? The average Joe wants the police to stop serious crimes. Also when pulled over, people don't enjoy being put down or spoken to in a condescending manner. We(the average Joes) know you(LEOs) have 99.9% of the power in that situation and most cooperate. When LEOs wonder why the average joe doesn't like the police, it stems from those types of situations. If you went to the post office and the clerks were rude and condescending while you were cooperating with them would you be there #1 Fan afterwards? A simple speeding ticket is no reason to belittle and browbeat someone. Can't we all just get along???(Had to be said)

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I guess it's more my opinion than anything. But you say that if the tint appears to be illegal it's reason for an investigatory stop. That's my point...there is no limit on rear window tint, therefore it can't be illegal so you can't stop for it. Perhaps it's different where you live. Agreed that if the tint looks illegal you can stop for it.

As for the rest, it's not only my experience, it's pretty common throughout law enforcement. Your time is accounted for when you are humping calls. Every agency has down time and slow days. These are the times I am referring to.

BTW, my opinions have nothing to do with being a car enthusiast.

Replied to your PM also.

:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread