Question for those who painted their gauge pod to match the interior.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a question for those who spray painted their aftermarket A-pillar pod to match the passenger side cover.

What brand paint did you use?

Did you prep the pod before painting it?

What specific color did you use?

Did it match near perfect?

Thanks for your time! :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
Here is a post from BDC_CBRA02, that I saved a few months ago.

I have found the Interior Paint that matches!
I have been battling trying to get the interior paint that Ford sells that matches my interior. Ford has 3 colors listed and I have bought them all trying to match the color. Good old Ford does not name their interior paint as they do the interior color of the vehicle.

Well, third times the charm. I have found the color that matches so I can finally paint my A-Pillar guage pod and dash bezel so it matches the interior of my car. So here is the info just in case anyone else needs it and does not want to waste time and money. By the way I have the Dark Charcoal with Medium Graphite interior.

The color is Midnight Black - part number M4JZ-19M547-1074H

Consequently this is the same color as the Cobra mats with the embroidered Cobra on them...you would think I would have thought of that when I was ordering the paint....Now I can finally get all the stuff together to install my guages!

I never tried it so I can't say if it is a perfect match. Try it on a piece of scrap first.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Good post, doing gauges soon. Going to do a search for more info on total install.

BmxBlaster

Established Member
OLDMODMAN...

- Did you prep the A pillar in any way before you painted it? im trying to avoid any chipping or peeling down the road.
- so you said that part number is for Ford interior paint , which is obatainable at a Ford dealer?

thanks!

oldmodman

Established Member
Sorry guys I never used the paint. I just saved the other guys post in case I ever needed to paint.
Thats why I said I never tried it. Maybe the original poster "BDC_CBRA02" will see this and add some more info.

Brad

Banned
I ordered the interior spray paint from ford, and not even that matched 100%. Honestly, just a few coats of black auto primer is a nearly a perfect match. I used some textured base paint first, then a few coats of black primer and it matches very well.

Users who are viewing this thread